Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright most of you know pig got sent to Lisa to be trained for a bit. Well, when pig got back she had a bit of a set back on training. Well, here is the thing most of you know I have been taking pig to pup school with me so I could learn how to do some of the stuff one on one

I dont do well on reading things then doing them. I am better at being shown and then doing SHHHHHHHHH! dont tell any one:flush:

Well, our next step is to call them in. Though, of course you are suppose to have a leash on so that if they dont come you can go get them. Well, I dropped the leash and said her break command...nothing...she sat there looking at me. I got all goofed up and tried to get her going...nothing.

no biggy right!

Well, shana told me she wanted pig to watch us when we are walking her like how Lisa does it. Alright no biggy. Lately she has been trained and it really didnt matter to the teachers if the pup was looking at us or not. So long as the dog stayed in a heal and did what it was suppose to.

Well, when shana asked me to do the whole thing like Lisa does for shows I tried. I knew to have the dog on my left and the treats in my left hand and the leash in my right. Nothing...she didn't look at the treats in a heal. O.k. so I went on and stopped for a bit and did some watches with her. Then swung back into place and tried the whole heal thing again...nothing. Will not watch me in a heal. I tried slipping her a treat every few steps and she wouldn't sometimes even take it then. GAH! Someone help me get pig un brain washed. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Brainwashed.. LOL good way of puttin it.. Dogs need security, if there is any doubt in your voice the dog will know it before you do. Most likely she's adjusted to the trainer. This is why I do not train, I consult. Similar to what I have seen on the "Dog Whisperer" but not quite. I will demonstrate what you need to do; then hand you lead, If you do not take the lead, the dog will not follow. IF you don't comprehend the stereo instruction type, dog show guides, then go to several shows and mimic what they do.. Remember just because a command works for some doesnt mean it will for others. This is why we train proffessional K9's in German, sharp air cutting gutteral pronounciations get the dogs attention better by a wide range of handlers. Personally I would use words that are similar in meaning but are short with a sharp air break in the sound. Brainwashed.. LOL can't get over that, This is very common w/training. Simply the dog has associated different pack leaders.. Like a kid who drives their mamma crazy until dad comes in the door then they are like polite lil solidiers helpin' their mom in any way.. A dog that goes to this spot to work under ONE handler; then to return to a place of leisure where the pack leader there has a completely different environment. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.k I sort of got what you were saying...then I slowly got lost....you for get my friend
I am a reeeeaaally slow person. I loose myself in train of thought real easy and at the end of stuff are like what did you say lol
It has been a while with pig being with us. So I think she has had time to adjust back to us. I am the one doing the training most of the time. um as for the daddy part I dont get it...
So you are saying maybe pig needs to go back to Lisa?
Goodness this is making my head hurt.
Her Breakword is always in a high pitch voice with the same CHEESY word every time...I hate the cheesy word. Its so silly people look at you like you are nuts when you go "FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!" to your dog. Man first time I went to check these people out and they had a big class it sounded like some sort of religious group or something!
I went in for the basic class and had two other guys in the class with me...well, come to find out last weekend...I am the only student left standing. The other two dropped out. Dont know what happened to one guy. The other one didnt want to take his dog to the vet and see what was wrong with its back end..."didnt have the money" yet he wanted to buy the leather that the teacher was selling

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You can always call me silly ;) You should not feed pig before you train and maybe skip the meal the night before too if she is not taking the treats. Also make sure you are using good treats like hot dogs. The difference between your puppy school that does not care if the pup looks at you and they way I was teaching her is ,y way is more competition and the school is just pet obedience. Call me after Christmas or pm me shana has my number.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Well, we normally use hot dogs, but we didn't have any that day lol. These trainers are not for us at all lisa. You are right, I remember shelby was coming yesterday and I fed pig that morning. When not training she gets fed twice, but when I know she has to work I with hold food in the morning.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will make a video of pig and I at work on maybe sunday. On saturday I will try and get shana to video tape me and pig at the class. I will just have to do some subtracting and adding. For the spots I didnt get to go over with you that shana may have forgotten. Like the heal I didnt get to go over with you and didnt know how to correct it if she doesnt do it. I dont know what I say last class sort of shocked the poo out of me. I am half tempted not to go back but they have our money.
That could be a reason why she didnt care to watch me. I had her kibble in my hands not hotdogs that time.

SHANA YOU DOPE! YOU TOOK THE WRONG CAR HOME! CAN YOU MEET ME HALF WAY SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts