Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this pup when he was 8 weeks old from a neighbor who moved as soon as i got him. now he's 13 weeks. The guy that I picked him up from said the mother was full APBT but the father was only half. im still trying to figure out what hes mixed with. im leaning towards boxer. any guesses?

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
hmmm with the tail curly like that it made me wonder f he was a mix, he sure is cute and I would say Lab or hound of some sort, wait til he gets a little bigger, more grown up lookin then we can take some guesses, lol

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
cute pup!! I say its mixed with a curly tail breed, lol.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i want to say chow but no black tongue but theres no real 100 percent way to tell

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I say Sharpie.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Mixed with something that has a curly tail I would not say boxer. Cute pup and it will be easier to tell what he is mixed with as he starts to mature. You may never know for sure as the father who was mixed could have several breeds in him and it make it hard to tell what it was. Cute pup!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
See I thought Sharpei as well from the second pic, but the other two pics remind me of something else, but yeah pit/sharpei mix is what I would say, lol, seems to be the general consensus ;)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Who knows, no papers and not going through a trusted breeder you may never really know. IMO i really don't see that much APBT in him, its there but im skeptical of what you were told about the parents. But who knows.

The tail doesn't have to equal being mixed with a breed of which that is standard, i've seen a few genetic disasters where their tails also curled.. Not to put your pup down or anything but just saying it can happen with BYB.

Since you really don't know for sure i would just call him a mutt and love him the same.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
From the look of him in the second pic I'd say sharpie too. Super cute pup btw :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Agreed that there is no way you'll know unless you see the father and even then...

But I'll play along and say basenji just to be different! They're a relatively smallish breed but if they were mixed with an APBT I don't think the result would be too different looking to your pup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing is i saw both his mother and father and the mother def looked full APBT. The father looked like a mix APBT as he had the head and the chest, so he has to be mostly APBT

The father was a tiny bit smaller then the mother, but the mother was a bit bigger then the average APBT.

Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts