Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to ask other owners if they've been profiled for their dogs? I was at the park the other day and my pup and I were minding our own business walking along the dog bath, when we came up on a gentleman walking his lab. We were about 20 ft or so away from him when he walked out of his way to stay clear of us as we walked by. My dog is only 6 months old not very big he was on a short leash but the guy acted as if I was walking the devil. Then about 2 miles into our walk we took a break and this guy was behind us as soon as we stopped he stopped, and when he saw we were sitting down to relax (off the walking path mind you), he turned around the opposite way he was walking and strolled off. Has this kind of profiling ever happened to others when walking their dogs in the park? What made it bother me so much is my dog is the sweetest little guy ever walks very well, with no signs off aggressive behavior, and this guy goes out of his way to avoid us. Then 10 minutes later I see him walking his dog next to a giant St Bernard which is 3 times my boys size. What the heck?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I started a pit bull prejudice thread awhile back. U have to have a tough skin to own this breed is what I have learned. I have only had one incident so far but most of the time I am surprised how people love my girl even when I say American bully they still say "oh, a pit bull" you mean. And I'm just like yeah :rolleyes: people either love them or hate them. Stay strong and train your boy well so he can be an ambassador for the breed :)

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
yeah, I would stay away from dog parks. Even though we don't go off leash it makes people nervous so I would rather not have my pup around people who cower when we walk by, don't want to develop a complex lol.

I would try for hiking trails and what not, or people parks instead of places specifically for dogs. But you need to get used t it, it may happen daily. You gotta just get over it. Some people won;t change no matter how hard you try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts