Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking at the adba breed standards because that is the registry my dog is registered with and their standards say that the female shouldnt weight anymore than 50lbs.. Im pretty sure my dog is going to weigh upwards of about 80.. She is going to be bigger than the standard apbt.. Does that mean she is not an apbt? What would she be considered if she is larger than the conformation standards of the abpt?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
There are some freaks who can be larger but majority of the time you have something else. Alot of bullys are registered as APBT in the ADBA, and UKC. confuses people. My best guess right now is that you have an american bully, but if you post up the pedigree or names in the 1st 3 generations for now, we can maybe tell you for sure what you have.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
From what I remember of the ped you posted of your pups sibling there was bully or staff in the ped which means your dogs bloodlines aren't pure APBT and basically your dog is scatter bred an.d consists of amstaff, Apbt,. I don't think it was determined that your dog had actual american bully in the ped though from what I remember. Are you getting your own dogs papers/ped?

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Regestry doesn't matter in this day and age. It's what's in the ped that matters.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Registry companies are a joke and every pedigree of ALL APBTs are incorrect. That is the sad truth but is the complete truth!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes. I'm just saying in every pedigree of every dog there is something that is incorrect. I would also say there is no pure bred female APBT that is 80 pounds, a male for that matter either. Although I'm old fashion.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
So is there such a thing as a pure bred abpt?
Look around and read some of the stickies on the forum! Of course there are such thing as a REAL Apbt! lol! Ever hear of colby? A real Apbt weighs anywhere from 30-65 lbs and 65 is pushing it for a pure apbt. Sorry, I just found that question funny ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
A pure APBT would be from old game lines in most cases.
Bloodlines like Gotti, Razors Edge, Suarez, are American Bully lines.
The problem with registries is that when the bloodlines branched into different breeds of dogs, they didn't keep up. So now there are Am Bullies, Am Staffs, and APBTs registered in the wrong place. And back yard breeders aren't educating themselves and end up registering their dogs with the wrong one.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
@ anglebaby.. What kind of dog is that in the last pic of your dogs.. How tall and how heavy?
All my dogs are american bullys. and she is about 18" tall and 70lbs { estimate havent weighed her in awhile} she is Razors edge, watchdog and gaff lines.

·
Registered
180 Posts
All registry companies know/knew exactly what they where/are doing, putting money in their pockets from idiots.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok.. So I have been doing some reading.. Lets say my dog grows to be 80lbs and about 20 in at the shoulders.. Would my best bet be to register with the abkc and compete in conformation in the xl division? And is the abkc a respectable club?

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
The ABKC is a respectable regestry. Well, as respectable as regestries get anyways. I've been to a show and I think they do very well.

I'm not sure if they are open for ADBA transfers still. Poke around their website a bit and see what you can see. There are severl members here who show their dogs ABKC. Mine came paperless and has shot pasterns and is also toed out so he wouldn't do well anyways. But one day I would like to show ABKC with a papered dog.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
The APBT is not bred to conform to appearance, size, body, color, etc... The "true" standard is that of function and ability.. Of course, a bit of genetics as well since in order to be an APBT you must have been a product of..

As to SCED, i prefer my Bulldogs smaller as well however to say there are no APBTs of yesteryear that exceed say 60lbs is just a lie.. Mayday, for instance chainweight of around 75lbs..

As to your dog, the only logical sense to register with abkc is if he conforms.. Otherwise there really is no point unless you were thinking about breeding... Which is an entirely new topic all together.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Im pretty sure the ABKC takes ADBA registration but you could always look that up. However if your dog isnt a bully it wont conform to the standards. height alone wont make your dog fit a class, so really depends on if it is a bully and what it looks like matured. Are you wanting to show? or are you looking to do stuff like weight pull or agility? you can do either of those regardless if they fit the show ring look , what are your plans for your dog?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts