Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work for a bank and so I have to deal with different depts within my company as I work "behind the scenes" in the back offices. I was having a dog convo today amongst a few others within ear shot and this woman who I deal with regularly asked me what kind of dog I have. I told her a Staffordshire Terrier and she say's "oh, you mean a pit bull"?? I used to breed them she says to me. I was like oh really? She say's yeah we always had puppies :flush: I said "how many dogs did you have'? She said...two, just a male and a female. So then MY blood started to boil and I had to keep it professional. She then proceeds to tell me that now her daughter has one and that she will kill it or poison it if her daughter has children!! WTF :curse: I now was starting to sweat! I wanted to go off on this bitch like I would have done out on the street but I'm in a professional environment so my hands were tied :curse: It gets better......She then says to me...you have a child right? I said yes, a daughter who is ten and knows how to act around animals. She says, well I would never have those dogs around my kids because they are capable of ripping your face off and have lock JAW!... Yup, she went there!!! I real quick started to educate her on the history of the breed and the bogus locking jaw but she told me " don't bother...you can't change my mind....I know all about the breed" :hammer::hammer: Okay, I said...that's right, you do because you were a backyard breeder who was breeding a breed you have no real understanding about and show just as much hate towards them as the asshats do who are all on board for BSL. Yeah, you know NOTHING! Have a nice day :D and I walked away. Luckily, I didn't get to loud and kept the convo on the DL. I don't know what I'm going to do when I see her again....any suggestions besides strangle her LOL! You may need a break stick to get me off her :stick:

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just can't believe the ignorance coming from someone who called herself a "breeder" but said her dogs were sweet, then turns around and bashes the breed in the same sentence and makes them out to be monsters.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
wow she owned them and still buys into that crap. She must have had some poorly bred mutts to think they are unstable and ready to kill cause if she had anything close to the real deal she would know how great a breed they are. what an idiot.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
WOW so sad how uneducated people are, the nerve of her to call herself a breeder, especially if she got rid of her dogs when her kids were born. Wonder how many poor litters her bitch had. I got no advice except to give her the stink eye and maybe a voodoo doll to hopefully injure her enough to leave work and not bother you anymore with figuring out how to be nice to an asshat. lol

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow she owned them and still buys into that crap. She must have had some poorly bred mutts to think they are unstable and ready to kill cause if she had anything close to the real deal she would know how great a breed they are. what an idiot.
I did ask the bloodlines and she stated "colby" but who knows. She said she met her husband (now ex) who was in the hells angels (motorcycle gang) and he had already had the male so they got a female to breed. She just had nothing good to say about them around kids. I even tried to tell her about them being the "nanny dog" back in the days and she was like "you can't change my mind, I know all about them" :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Well then that would end the convo with me there, You cant change stupid. There are some you can educate and there are some who are destined to stupidity for life, dont let them drag you down with them lol.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well then that would end the convo with me there, You cant change stupid. There are some you can educate and there are some who are destined to stupidity for life, dont let them drag you down with them lol.
LOL! My adrenaline was off the chain :snap:

Oh yeah....she also explained to me how a pit bulls jaw is like a snakes jaw when they go after prey it unhinges so they can lock onto it :rain: UGH, the more I think about this convo the more I remember *delete* *delete* delete* :flush:

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Ugh, sounds like you lost a few seconds of your life on that. Idiot, idiot, idiot.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
...typical "pit bull" byb guru

Good luck Shanon, there's lots more people like that lol I've become numb to them.

I no longer stress it. Now I just share the info with who I think will be receptive and willing to unlearn what they thought they already knew.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Ew! What a moron!

That would be a tough spot for sure. I think you handled it well. Did you catch the look on her face when you quietly told her off?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...typical "pit bull" byb guru

Good luck Shanon, there's lots more people like that lol I've become numb to them.

I no longer stress it. Now I just share the info with who I think will be receptive and willing to unlearn what they thought they already knew.
I'm not stressing over her at all......the thing that pissed me off is how you can pretty much hate the breed you said you used to own and breed yourself! I've come across many asshats over the years before I even owned a bully breed as a groomer and vet tech. People just never fail to amaze me :hammer:

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Print random facts in quotes cite the sources and put them in random places she can find them. When she asks if it was you, tell her the pit fairy did it. That's the same pit with lock jaw and eats kids so watch out they might bite. LOL!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Print random facts in quotes cite the sources and put them in random places she can find them. When she asks if it was you, tell her the pit fairy did it. That's the same pit with lock jaw and eats kids so watch out they might bite. LOL!
Shanna your nuts! Lol! :rofl:

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
HAHAHA.

Next time you see her, just tell her its ok, that you understand. Then wish her the very best life she can muster.

Just leave out the fact she is absolutely a dumb#$%. And you worry about her quality of life.......

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
You could also treat her like she's "special" when she askes why, say somethine like, " I assumed that you were a little "slow" after your responses during our last conversation."
Or something along those lines. It sounds really funny when I play it in my head. LOL!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I like some of the suggestions given on how to handle this woman in the future.. but I'm very sorry you have to work with her and share the same air as her lol. I recommend you just kill her with kindness. Smile at her like nothing ever happened and carry on. Unfortunately, there is no known cure for ignorance or stupidity. You can't save the world, so just let it go and if she tries to strike up a conversation about dogs, change the subject or leave the immediate area. That's the best thing you can do, for yourself, and the dogs. No sense in humoring her only to stress yourself out and possibly lose your composure. Best of luck to you in your future dealings with this woman.

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
I like some of the suggestions given on how to handle this woman in the future.. but I'm very sorry you have to work with her and share the same air as her lol. I recommend you just kill her with kindness. Smile at her like nothing ever happened and carry on. Unfortunately, there is no known cure for ignorance or stupidity. You can't save the world, so just let it go and if she tries to strike up a conversation about dogs, change the subject or leave the immediate area. That's the best thing you can do, for yourself, and the dogs. No sense in humoring her only to stress yourself out and possibly lose your composure. Best of luck to you in your future dealings with this woman.
:goodpost:

Listen to B, she's got good grown up suggestions. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts