Go Pitbull Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a brindle female pit and i was wondering how would her puppys come out if i bred her with a blue nose male pitbull :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Popcorn! Get yer popcorn here!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
They would come out like all the other unfortunate puppies who were bred by someone who should not be breeding their dogs.

Reactions: PatienceFlame

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
They would come out like all the other unfortunate puppies who were bred by someone who should not be breeding their dogs.
agreed, called in the shelters making rescures lives harder or popping out more puppies that should not be born that will line the shelters death row!!!

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
they'll come out rainbow... why do you want to breed your dog anyways? has it done something special(titles in show, pull, ect)? are your dogs papered? are both the dogs health tested? i dont think you need to be breeding your dog, and i think if you do your dogs will end up as shelter dogs.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
As to the genetics i would need to know what color brindle, how the brindle was bred in order to give a proper answer. Theres no way to 100% accurately tell how the pups would look, if your brindle is a blue carrier it is possible that blue or variations of blue could be thrown though likely brindle, variations of "base" color likely. The pups some may be carriers for the dilute gene to throw blue if bred though chances are (depending on how the brindle is bred) no blue pups would be present.

I was asked a similar question not too long ago and this is my answer that may shed insight to what youd throw:
Brindle allele produces the brindle pattern with stripes or bars of dark pigment on a background of light pigment. In dogs with the dominant (As) allele, which produces a solid coat of dark pigment (brown or black), the (Ebr) allele is masked because there is no light pigment on which it can act. It is dominant over the extension (E) allele. In the APBT, interactions with alleles at the B and D loci produce a rich variety of brindle colors:
Ay-B-D-Ebr- black brindle
Ay-B-ddEbr- blue brindle
Ay-bbD-Ebr- brown or chocolate brindle
Ay-bbddEbr- fawn brindle
(The (-) as the second allele at the locus pair denotes an allele that is uncertain because of the dominant nature of the first allele. It could be homozygous or heterozygous with any of the other alleles.)

As to the blue, As-ddE or brindle as above Ay-B-ddEbr.

Choc itself comes from the Locus B pair with the homozyous recessive (bb) in combination with the (As) allele. The dilution gene (dd) will also modify this dark chocolate to a light or almost milk chocolate. In most cases, the nose color is also light brown or as we say ‘chocolate/red nose’.

So as you can see there are many possibilities and theres no way of knowing for sure especially if you want to get into the genetic make up of ___ color while being a carrier of ____.Though if i had to guess i would probably expect mostly brindle, potentially darker shade blue brindle, maybe 1 or two solids in also darker coloring. It would probably be unlikely to throw a fawn in solid form unless both were carriers. If any have a black mask (Em) this trait is dominate therefore a high possibility of throwing almost a full litter of black masked pups.

Now with that said what would be the purpose of breeding this female? What has she done to earn the right to be bred? Any working titles? Show titles? What accomplishments have been made with her? If there she is only a pet and not worked (or if bred to be a show dog..and not shown) theres no reason to breed her. Breeding pets only will further add x amount of puppies that are not needed. If someone you know is looking for a "pet bull" there are thousands upon thousands in shelters. Any color, all shapes and sizes from mixed to papered and everything in between. With a proper eye and some luck you can find some gold in the mist of a chaotic picture.

IMO even if bred for show and she is from APBT bloodlines theres still no reason to breed her but that is an entirely different conversation all together.

If your simply asking for the sake of being curious and to dig deeper on the genetic side of dogs than i can respect that.. However if your asking because you plan on breeding for no reason and not to benefit the breed in any shape or forum than i must ask you to look through these forums and ask questions as you will soon see what you are up against and the negative by far surpasses any positive that could come through.

I hope for your dog and the sake of this breed you are not planning on breeding and only asking to answer a curious mind.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
glad you specified bluenose male. As if we couldn't fill in that blank.

If you're thinking about doing just that... DON'T.

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Hopefully not with that puppy in your avatar?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
i have a brindle female pit and i was wondering how would her puppys come out if i bred her with a blue nose male pitbull :confused:
Those are just colors and says nothing to the pedigree of the dog. You need to look at health testing, bloodlines and pedigrees, and the dog themselves when you consider breeding. What makes these dog worthy to be bred? Are they working or show dogs? These are all thing that need to looked at when deciding to breed dogs. Color is not important unless you are breeding for a certain color then you can get health problems and that is not good. Back yard breeding is not something you should be doing just to have pups.
Blue nose is just a color not a type of dog, just so you know.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Popcorn! Get yer popcorn here!
You have snowballs also mate? I am just waiting for someone to just lay into this one.

I love km and genetics talk, i understand his talk more with every post. Blue is just a color not a breed

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
I have been watching this one all night and most of the morning waiting for someone to give it a go. I think they are all waiting for someone else to do it. I almost feel bad for the OP. I wanted to... but I know how rude I can get, so I am abstaining.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I have been watching this one all night and most of the morning waiting for someone to give it a go. I think they are all waiting for someone else to do it. I almost feel bad for the OP. I wanted to... but I know how rude I can get, so I am abstaining.
The OP hasn't even posted again. Let's refrain from attacking someone and keep it educational.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
The OP hasn't even posted again. Let's refrain from attacking someone and keep it educational.
Which is why I am holding my tongue :)
I'd rather educate in any case. I wish I could go give those crazies that produced Keira a lesson or two. :stick: Sold her to someone without any vaccinations, and then they had her for two weeks, only to throw her away... Well, you can see how I would really rather educate :) Anyone can yell at someone. However... If he ever comes back, perhaps we could just educate, and work it out! :)

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i think everythings been said that should be said.... with out ripping into any one

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Close this muv. She/he may not be posting but i am sure they are reading. Good or bad they got their answer from one of us. KM giving the most scientific answer on the op question. Regardless of how it could have been avoided using the search tool

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.