Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
training with Great Lakes Working Dog club .
the training coordinator is Mr Ronnie Weiss. He is a awsome guy and everyone in the club is super awsome!
We had a blast . Brock tried to pull my arms off lol.
He and i are both totally spent a i type this!

Reactions: Indie

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and its rather long and not real super entertaining .

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Nice !!! Good job

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great job! the more you go out the more confidence he will get and prey drive will come up too. He liked the tug much better! One little bit of advice, make yourself a good post, posts don't move ;) good luck and take video!
when i was moving backward , ronnie was instructing me to move back but yeah i def need more work on stayin still .. brock makes that hard ! Hes super strong with all the WP training i have done with him.
Wayne was giving me some advice thru it as well. I believe he used to post here. He has Rex , a garner dog and also has a pup outta howards tug o war.
i was havin a hard time keepin hold o brock . I wasnt really holdin the lead right i guess.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I was wondering if that was Wayne at the being of the video. Great video kind of long but I liked it. Cant wait to see Brock after some more training.

·
Registered
37 Posts
when i was moving backward , ronnie was instructing me to move back but yeah i def need more work on stayin still .. brock makes that hard ! Hes super strong with all the WP training i have done with him.
Wayne was giving me some advice thru it as well. I believe he used to post here. He has Rex , a garner dog and also has a pup outta howards tug o war.
i was havin a hard time keepin hold o brock . I wasnt really holdin the lead right i guess.
Get a good base. You are standing flat footed from the portion of the video that I watched. I am working a young dog in ring while rehabbing from an acl surgery so I have had to improvise at time and make one leg do the work of two. Don't know if you ever played sports but just don't keep all the weight on the front of your feet or you will eventually get dragged. Get some bend in your knees and even get a little squat going and he won't move you. I can send you some links to my training if you need or I'm sure ms performance has some good stuff too.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Get a good base. You are standing flat footed from the portion of the video that I watched. I am working a young dog in ring while rehabbing from an acl surgery so I have had to improvise at time and make one leg do the work of two. Don't know if you ever played sports but just don't keep all the weight on the front of your feet or you will eventually get dragged. Get some bend in your knees and even get a little squat going and he won't move you. I can send you some links to my training if you need or I'm sure ms performance has some good stuff too.
thanx . Today was our 1st day of actually doing any work so im super green.
Lucky for me , i lucked into a ton of great people when i began my journey into the world of dog training. I got allota help just to get me goin. Howard Burgess sent me to Amy and Tim Johnson of Johnsons kennel , they sold me Brock and got me rollin. and now Howard sent me to Ronnie Weiss and he is flippin awsome! Nice to find a bulldog friendly trainer just 45 min from my house with a great rep!

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's my fault the video is long. LOL Typical Mom: can't miss anything her baby does for the very first time. :roll:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
It's my fault the video is long. LOL Typical Mom: can't miss anything her baby does for the very first time. :roll:
:rofl: I feel ya!
Great job and glad to know you guys had a good time!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I could tell he was telling you to back up but when you were a post you were going abck and fourth! I know it takes time to learn how to plant yourself and even the strongest dogs would'nt be able to move you. You have good support so you will do just fine! Not bad for a newbie ;)

:goodpost: you have a good support system already but if you need anything just ask! There are a lot of good online resources.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Well, look at Indie's big bro now! :) You're making me rethink getting her into it.. though like I said, it takes a lot of commitment and responsibility to be a good handler, and right now it's a bit rough! Brock is looking GOOD, and I can't wait to see his training progress!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Brock actually surprised us. He has prey drive hidden in that monster body. :woof: I shouldn't be surprised though. He enjoys learning new things.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Thundercats... HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Thats great your getting active. I went to my local sch club my trainer reffered me to, she warned me they would laugh. The school is ran by the gentleman who makes my dog food. Its a competative gsd team. Well they all laughed at me and my runt pitbull. Throwing out that O was small and so light weight. Aja explained he wasnt a pitbull. It got good from there, the guys were inquisitive about onyx. The class wasnt familiar with the breed. They played with him for a while, and happy to say once my shoulder is cool aja got me set up to join her bh class at their facility

Keep it up brock!!!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Way to go guys! We're gonna try and get out there and work with you guys in the coming weeks (gotta get Wayne off my butt ya know...he won't leave me be!) and have some fun with the pup.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts