Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
um Yeah.... Barca Jerk face that he is, broke 4 of his front teeth including one of his canine teeth on his dog run. I have no clue how he did but it looks fresh and there is no real damage to the run. He did pull a metal poop scoop and ate the end but that broke all his teeth? Jerk dog! His teeth are bleeding because the nerve in the middle is exposed. He has not complained one bit tough little dog that he is. I guess it is off to the vet to maybe have them filled? I have no clue what to do. :mad:

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Wow that's intense, how will that effect him showing and doing shz?

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I know of a 12 year old working border collie that dosent have teeth due to this same thing well he can't have a water bowl or food bowl he goes crazy when he ears other dogs work and chews em up

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah pretty much Tara that is how I feel. I'll talk to my vet and I have a feeling I just may leave them like they are. He chipped the back side of his canine and Kaos lived like that his whole life even doing Schutzhund and he was just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My puppy is teething and most of her teeth are broken or chipped. Thankfully she'll lose these but it's getting hard for her eat and I feel so bad for her. :(

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
I always have a quarrel internally about these situations.... Broken teeth can be more dangerous to the other dog in accidental kennel fights cause they cut like a razor.

Other than that and the fact dinglefairy broke their teeth .. not the teeth!..

Oh well..........

.................................. I feel ya

Sorry to hear that Lisa that really is a disappointment ... Canook is toothless cause he hits his chain like hitting a dog; and he shakes the :poop: out it.. SO Maybe Barca shook the scoop like that and being metal..

what hahaha better not ever throw rocks he might start biting those too!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I know a few dogs that have busted their teeth. Never had anything done to them afterwards, and they seem to be fine?

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I always have a quarrel internally about these situations.... Broken teeth can be more dangerous to the other dog in accidental kennel fights cause they cut like a razor.

Other than that and the fact dinglefairy broke their teeth .. not the teeth!..

Oh well..........

.................................. I feel ya

Sorry to hear that Lisa that really is a disappointment ... Canook is toothless cause he hits his chain like hitting a dog; and he shakes the :poop: out it.. SO Maybe Barca shook the scoop like that and being metal..

what hahaha better not ever throw rocks he might start biting those too!
:goodpost: The only thing i would be worried about is if the nerves are showing, would need to watch that. Otherwise not a huge deal just a :stick::hammer: moment. Accidental yard fights as Stan pointed out can create an issue too might want to watch that. Dogs do the :hammer: things sometimes..

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
all 4 of Mels canines are broken. My vet asked me if he chewed rocks, lol. ummm no he like trees. They told me as long as the nerve isnt exposed and he eats the same it should be good. OUCH that nerve exposed must hurt OUCH! Jerk dog is right! hope he learned his lesson!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:goodpost: The only thing i would be worried about is if the nerves are showing, would need to watch that. Otherwise not a huge deal just a :stick::hammer: moment. Accidental yard fights as Stan pointed out can create an issue too might want to watch that. Dogs do the :hammer: things sometimes..
Well that's the problem, he broke them to the point you can see the nerve, they were bleedong from the nerve in the middle. Now the front teeth look dead meaning they look grey. I have had dogs kill the canine teeth and the teth turn grey black but the root is in tact so we never remove them unless we have to and that is what these look like now. He is not acting like he is in pain at all, he was on the couch last night chewing a nylabone. I am just watching for infection and I will get him to my vet so they can get looked at. I think he is just going to say leave them.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
they can replace broken teeth with metal ones but its expensive. my friends quote 10 yrs ago was 4 figs

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it was a canine I might consider getting a titanium replacement but he broke the little teeth in the front. The canines run about 4,000 each right now. We have several K-9 unit dogs who have titanium teeth, pretty awesome!

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
hahaha... Thats just lethal... like puttin knives on the feet of chicken... here comes a GSD with 800-1500lbs of snapping force with titanium teeth.... ewwwweeeeeee

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yeah thats a cool looking tooth! lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
My puppy china just broker one of her k-9, Should i be worried or should it be fine, She still plays with her rope just fine
she is 4 months

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
My puppy china just broker one of her k-9, Should i be worried or should it be fine, She still plays with her rope just fine
she is 4 months
If you start your own thread with this question, your post will get more attention. Not trying to offend you, but when you post on someone else's thread, it's called threadjacking, and you tend to get less response/attention because people know it's an old thread resurfacing, so they tend to ignore it and not read it or post on it. Hope this helps you out.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
she is 4 months
Is it her a baby tooth? Should just grow the adult tooth. But if it's the adult one already and it's not cracked to the gum line it should be cool. My boy broke his points off and they are just dull but still could hurt lol. If the adult tooth is cracked lots of stuff can get in the crack and cause infection. Keep your eye on it and point it out to your vet next visit if it doesn't change appearance or bother the gums

1 - 20 of 22 Posts