Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my best friend has been trying to find a good fit for her family for about 6 months. When she was looking this poor pup fell into her lap but actually went back to the original owner, who moved to a new place and was able to take him. Thank goodness the middle man was out of the equation. Here is that back story: http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/42265-friends-new-puppy-need-help.html

ANYWAY!!!!! They finally found a great fit for their family, a beautiful rescued, spayed 3 month old name Brownie. We wanted to introduce Mel to her slowly so there would not be any problems since we all hang out so much. It went great. Mel did try to hump, which he has not done since his last girlfriend, preneuter. Trying to dominate at its finest, bad pup. They did not play just sniffing and a nice walk up the street. It went great. Mel kept looking back to wait for her to catch up to us. It was super cute. He taught her how to whine and how to bark. Hopefully he will teach her manners as well ;)

Here is Brownie, shelter said she is pure, but we all know the drill. She is a great bull dog and we all love her even if she isn't. and to me, her legs look super long but who knows :)

Kinda close to my treadmill room, ma...

such great pups!!

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
Sooooo cute. I'm glad Brownie has a great home now. :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Aww, so cute! Amy what shelter did they get her from? She is a dollface! Hmmm.....maybe there will be some hope for Mel and Bella after all ;) LOL!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sooooo cute. I'm glad Brownie has a great home now. :)
Thank you me too!!! So happy she is all checked out and tested and passed and spayed!

Aww, so cute! Amy what shelter did they get her from? She is a dollface! Hmmm.....maybe there will be some hope for Mel and Bella after all ;) LOL!
I know huh! they will be good when we walk them I am sure :)

They got her from Angel Memorial, or the affiliate of Angel that is a no kill shelter in Roslindale.

you know what bums me out, they applied to 3 local Pit Bull Rescues. Filled out the adoption requirements, submitted everything, NOT ONE called them back even, or emailed about thier inquiry. SMDH what type of crap is that!!?? I wonder how many other people don't get a call back that are looking to help a dog. (and it was over a few weeks they have been submitting applications)

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
That's great they finally got a pup that suites their family! About the rescues not calling or responding to their app/inquiries about adoption, that's just sad. They could have at least given a courtesy call to say they received the inquiries or something along those lines.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's great they finally got a pup that suites their family! About the rescues not calling or responding to their app/inquiries about adoption, that's just sad. They could have at least given a courtesy call to say they received the inquiries or something along those lines.
agreed. I understand shit happens and they have limited resources and cant have someone there answering phones. But if you leave a message and email the application at least reply someway. :(

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Mel is too friggen cute, such a nice boy. (Humping is more commonly an excitement thing. ;) )

·
Registered
795 Posts
Aww! That's awesome!

She's totally adorable. I'm loving that chocolate color!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Celestial he certainly was excited so that makes sense.

Thanks for the kind words so excited to see her grow.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
agreed. I understand shit happens and they have limited resources and cant have someone there answering phones. But if you leave a message and email the application at least reply someway. :(
Yeah, that's what I was saying, lol. All that matters is your friends found a great fit for their home, and the lil pup got her a good home! Now, take them under your wing and guide them in the right direction, although I know you will anyway :)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am trying Bev! They Got some good chew toys and some good kibbles. Mel's hand me down crate and a his old long lead that got retired when he got too big lol. Still secure enough for Brownie. Poor girl had ear infection when she was smaller which makes me nervous for life long drama there but we will figure it out as it comes.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Well Celestial he certainly was excited so that makes sense.

Thanks for the kind words so excited to see her grow.
Maybe I'm immune to puppies from shelter work, but I think Mel's reaction was absolutely adorable.

And sorry, my OCD curse. :rofl::hammer:

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Maybe I'm immune to puppies from shelter work, but I think Mel's reaction was absolutely adorable.

And sorry, my OCD curse. :rofl::hammer:
Haha probably but I agree it is super cute so thank you :)

Here they are on their second meeting :). Still not off leash I am so scared Mel with give her a smack down lol. Today she was climbing all over him for like a half hour and all of a sudden he took her down with 1 paw and she hid behind Khary for a while. I felt so bad lol. But when she came back out she wasn't jumping all on him so I think she got his message.

She is co cute. Love the brown and white speckeled chest :)

Nice finger Ames... Stupid! lol

Telling secrets :)

Cheese!!!

Brownie and her dad, Khary

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Adorable update pix! She's looking so happy, and so is Mel. I bet they're loving having playtime together huh!?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They really are! I cheated a bit I ran Mel hardcore for a half hour before they arrived to tire him out a bit so he would not be as crazy excited and it totally worked :) now I just want her to grow a bit so they can really run around together lol. But it's cool I will take cute puppy stage for a bit more. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts