Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had someone today ask if Bruno was a AmBully. Bruno is short and stocky,with a smaller tail...But a Bully?!!?!?

The guy said he raised bullies and that Bruno was one... What do you all think?

(He also said Bullies were pitties soooooo)

For those who don't know,Bruno is the red colored one.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
You know the deal, Xiahks. No ped, no definite answer. He does have a bit of a bully look to him in that pic though. I've never really noticed before.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started taking notice a little bit ago. After the Bully 101 thread was posted. I was looking at pics... I never really thought much about it though,until he mentioned it.

Yes I know no way to know for sure,but I like to see what others think,just on his looks.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's filled out a lot in the last couple months. I was looking at older pics.
let us compare shall we?

First day I got him

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Now:

His color has even changed slightly. I think it might be his new RAW diet though.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I forgot about the Camelot Blood line...I should look more into that.
I wish he had papers,just so I knew. But beind a rescue,I will never know for sure.
Even a DNA test would tell me nothing lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
he really is looking good, he could have bully in him or could just be a thicker line or amstaff in there , hard to tell . he is looking great though I really like that boy :)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I like your boy a lot I have seen old photos of Pitties with that mug :) I think people tend to generalize anything that is stocky or broad as Bully. Again every dog is different and you can have a liter of different body types specially if the pedigree is not tight. My bro in law has a dog that is close to 90 pounds with a 24 inch head, I am not too sure on the ped of the dog but his litermate is like 40-50 pounds and looks like a regular bully breed petbull. THe dog is an exact copy of the father and the mom looks like an apbt small size with the general characteristics. Because there is such diversity of blood in all the bull breeds in each mating you can have a throw back or something completely off. You can have dogs with American Bully pedigrees by all means but this does not mean they are the actual type being shown in the ring. My boy Bernie has a ton of Bully blood in his pedigree and has dimensions beyong the real APBT but I could never consider him a Bully, I guess I call it a Bully to people that ask me so they do not get confused but realistically speaking my dog is far from what a show Bully should look like. Also, he is not an APBT so I just call him a scatterbred Bully dog lol If his pedigree was equal from his sire and dam's side I would have had a Bully, but his Dam's sire is not Bully is just long legged dogs with thicker features but still not the real Bully. There is no mistaken when you see a real bully because it's a dog so unique in its features that well you could tell from a mile away it cannot be mistaken for an APBT. Also the second you mix in a dog with longer features right away you change the outcome. I have seen one of Bernie's brothers that practically shares the same pedigree except Bernie has a different mother, but that other dog's pedigree contains every dog in Bernie's ped and the dog is low, stocky, short limbed and wide.

Look at Bernie's dads pedigree and all the dogs in it and then look at the mom's side.

American Bully Online Pedigree

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm. Very interesting read. Thanks for the input! I am going to check out the link.

It's just nice to know what you have. LOL. As for Bruno,his mug is the best part. He's always so goofy looking.

ps: I think Bernie is adorable. He looks drooly.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Hmmm. Very interesting read. Thanks for the input! I am going to check out the link.

It's just nice to know what you have. LOL. As for Bruno,his mug is the best part. He's always so goofy looking.

ps: I think Bernie is adorable. He looks drooly.
I love your boys expression there is a picture from the late 1800's early 1900's and this dog is photographed with a baby or something and your boy has the same angry sour mug face as that dog lol I have to find it !

Bernie only drools if it's food related or after drinking water lol

Check out the link you can visually see what I mean about the body types :)

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bernie only drools if it's food related or after drinking water lol

LOL Bruno too. I have a pic where there is drool hanging from his mouth and attached to his collar,it was so nasty.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Might be mixed breed but i see bully. I dont see any APBT if thats what your asking.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts