Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i set up a spring pole for Bruno using a garage door spring and it was just too long and I didn't trust it at all with him tugging on it. So I returned that and bought the squishy face studios super tug instead.

Bruno saw me taking down his new toy and was crying at the door, so I let him out to tug on the rope. Who needs a spring? Not Bruno lol he just wants to play

Bruno playing tug - YouTube

And then with the new set up, the video is already after playing for like 10 min so he's exhausted lol and he was a little late with the "go get it" reaction

Bruno on the spring pole - YouTube

And the end result?

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Good looking boy you got there.
He looks like myself every Sunday morning.........catching up on some zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not many responses in this thread but I'll bump it up with a few more of bruno on his spring pole. They aren't great pictures, they are all screen shots of a video but I think they came out decent

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Oh nice!!! Sooooo glad you got something that will work, and most importantly that he likes it! :D I couldn't watch the videos...some weird setting I think on my iPad. But so happy he likes it! Great exercise!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks coach, he loves it! He never wants to stop lol. he loves jumping for it too, even tho he doesn't have too

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I could watch that one! Awww he does love it! :) you could make that higher for him if you want so that he doesn't bite the white part and destroy it. Mine do that too haha! So i usually have to keep it higher. Oh! And for an amazing workout you can tie it around tree or a pole and make it a horizontal tug-- mine love it both ways.

Set it higher because she likes to grab above the lure and that is not good for the teeth.

Horizontal tug!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks coach, you can probably see in the video the big black strap around the base of the tree, that's for the horizontal tug, we do both but he really loves to jump lol. And I'll raise it now, I had it that low because he's still young, I didn't want him jumping too much. He's 9 1/2 months. But obviously being that low doesn't stop him from jumping like a crazy dog lol

I usually make him stop when he grabs the white bungee, and tell him to get the toy, and usually listens but he still sneaks in a few lol. He broke the toy at the end, so when I put a new one on I'll make it higher

And your dogs look awesome!!

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I totally understand wanting to keep it low! My little black female is 7 months and even though its totally low enough for her to keep all four feet on the ground she still jumps and bites the rope above the lure which can break their teeth out if they go at it hard enough, it's happened to my previous dog. So.....if she is going to jump while its low ya mind as well raise it up, a lot safer in my opinion for the jumpers-no-matter-what type of dogs ;)

You should try cow hide ;) you'll never go back to regular stuff though haha! It lasts way longer and the dogs go nutzo over it haha! Regular toys last like 3 minutes with my duface heads.

ANYWAY sorry for the ramble! Good boy Bruno! Bulldog!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No don't apologize, thank you for the advice! I'll definitely raise it and try a cow hide next time

And thanks DickyT, he is always happy

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
So cute! Mel does the same thing I want him to stay on all fours since he has bad joints and he refuses. If I put it low he just nibbles on til it breaks. Punk lol.

Your dog is adorable. Love the sleeping pics.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks katey, he is definitely happy. He loves that thing.

He sits and stares at the leash and crys when he wants to go play lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I raised it up a bit, and I put a temporary rope on it until the new fleece toys come in, I like how soft they are for his teeth/gums.

Here's some action shots from his new setup

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Great action shots!!!! :D

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Super handsome! I might be getting a dog with similar markings soon :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts