Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you might remember me posting about 3-4 weeks ago about bunnys first time barn hunting. (she found the rat in 12 sec. day one and 8 sec day 2)

well brush hunt is the same but in a wooded "brush" area.

bunny found the rat in 1.82 seconds!!! :) she placed 2nd out of everyone. she was the only pit bull the rest were jack russles, patterdales and one manchester terrier lol.

heres some of the dogs doing the lure course track for the first time, we have been working with them for a month, some more then others---

dutch---

trina--

bunny---

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
the lure hunting looks like a ton of fun , great videos. Is there a registry that offers that as an event? or is it just a group of you that do that for fun? never seen that up here.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Man that lure course looks like a great way to work the condition of your dogs.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
theres lure course, they chase the lure in a track. and brush/ barn hunt... they locate a rat.

and also flat straight away racing, and hurdle straight away.

this is a jack russel called the jrtca.
but they will let you try out other dogs in lure course and barn/brush hunt :)

you wont find any like this in BC. I tried looking about 5 months ago and the group I contacted told me sighthounds only.... it was lame.

but down here in florida there is tons of choices for dogs... I like the choices, I have learned a lot.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
thats a bummer. I was googling looking for clubs that offer that, found some but they are grey hounds only :( was hoping you would have better news. It looks like fun though.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks... and also to anyone interested there will be a lure course and barn hunt under "non-sanctioned" events at the mid fl. point show in the end of nov!!!

so if you wanna try it, try and make it to our show.... :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
that looks like alot of fun!! great videos :D

·
Banned
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lure coursing equipment is the next thing on the list I want to get. I have the flyball stuff the agility stuff I want lure coursing.

Bunny was great at the rat hunt. That was fast. :D
you wont be dissapointed if you get into lure course... its super fun!

yes bunny has been killing rodents since she was like 12 weeks... she went behind my TV and was tussling with something and come trotting out from behind there all proud with a lil mouse in her mouth :S

then she killed a few while being farmed out for a few months at a friends... she knows what the word "mouse" means... so it was pretty easy to teach her to "find the rat"... now shes a pro rat finder.
since she is so good at it I have been wanting to do other scent work with her.... might have to wait tho cuz shes gettin bred in like 3-5 weeks....
prob something to do with her babies too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.