Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
Just like the title says. I'm supposed to do a research presentation (15 minutes) for my last project in English class (being a senior isn't as great as I thought >.>)
Anyways I decided to do my topic on how the BSL is essentially unfair and unhelpful to society. And something about animals shelters being biased toward pit bulls and other "evil and dangerous" breeds (German Shepherds, rotties, dobies etc.) and putting them immediately to sleep without assessments and the you guys probably know the whole deal.

So if any of you guys work/volunteer at shelters and dealt with such "evil" pitbulls please do tell me some information. And also I would like info on how the BSL works and what their purpose is.

Umm yeah, I'm aware of the BSL discussion but I only saw the actions the BSL are taking RIGHT NOW, not necessarily the other info I want.

Thanks for reading and possibly giving me info :D
Now to study for my econ midterm!:woof::woof:
-Angela

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Breed Specific Legislation - How it effects American Pit Bull Terrier owners

There is actually alot of great info if you google BSL....I provided one of the links. :)

Also, I guess it depends on what state you live in but here in Boston, Massachusetts they give pits a chance and adopt them out. Unfortunately there are just so many being irresponsibly bred that they are more likely put to sleep here because of lack of homes. Pit bulls are a hard breed to adopt out of shelters. Most would rather adopt the little yapper hovered in the corner of its cage. Great idea to do a paper on BSL! It's all about education of the most misunderstood breed and I hope you change a few peoples minds :)

Also, pit bulls are just the stepping stone for other breeds to come with BSL. They are the most targeted breed as of now. Sooner or later it will be something else. German Sheperds are the number one biters hands down and yet there is no BSL against owning them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Excellent (and free article/book) is "The pitbull Placebo" . It looks at the history behind the "public relations" behind the pitbull and other breeds. I would recomend it to anyone who has defend thier breed choice. And who with a pitbull hasn't !!! It is informative and factual; it took me a couple of hours to read the whole thing. Its free to download just make sure you have plenty of paper in your printer- its about 200 pages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts