Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? I asked the breeder what color she was when I got her, he said he typically just writes them as "Tan" when they are this young. She is about 10 weeks now, APBT from Atkinsons CH Handsome. She's a really beautiful light yellow / tan color with a red nose. I added pics of Mom and Dad at the end for good measure.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would say Buckskin, her coat is really very light, but could be Fawn Sable too. I think you can know for sure with a DNA test, the markers of Buckskin and Fawn are different from what I recall.
Sure thing is that she's an absolute cutie, very nice pup!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say Buckskin, her coat is really very light, but could be Fawn Sable too. I think you can know for sure with a DNA test, the markers of Buckskin and Fawn are different from what I recall.
Sure thing is that she's an absolute cutie, very nice pup!
Ahh very interesting! Is there a specific test you recommend? Thank you for the kind words! She's a great dog, very pleased with her on all accounts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ahh very interesting! Is there a specific test you recommend? Thank you for the kind words! She's a great dog, very pleased with her on all accounts.

I can't recommend any over another, because I've never ran one myself, although I intend to somewhere in the near future, my reply was solely based on:

- A YT channel I follow recently posted a vid on the DNA test they use (they're bullies XL breeders) and I remember that the results showed the coat markers, video here:

- I did a quick internet search and it seems that the markers between fawn and buckskin are different, so I assume they would show up in a test if you know how to read them

That's all, I recommend you to do your own research before making the plunge, the test is not too expensive but not cheap either

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a tan color red nose pitbull. Damn, she is so beautiful
Thanks man, I think I have to agree with Leiurus the more I look at her. Very light and very yellow; I think Red Nose Buckskin.

QUOTE="Leiurus, post: 1631648, member: 155982"]I can't recommend any over another, because I've never ran one myself, although I intend to somewhere in the near future, my reply was solely based on:

- A YT channel I follow recently posted a vid on the DNA test they use (they're bullies XL breeders) and I remember that the results showed the coat markers, video here:

- I did a quick internet search and it seems that the markers between fawn and buckskin are different, so I assume they would show up in a test if you know how to read them

That's all, I recommend you to do your own research before making the plunge, the test is not too expensive but not cheap either[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the share! I will take a look through that channel. I have ran one before through Embark, which yes was very expensive. Gave an immense amount of information though from a standpoint of health, related dogs, genetic markers, etc. I will take a look at them and others to see who can differentiate. I may go ahead with embark anyway solely for the immense amount of data they provide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts