Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
That is proably cheaper than the sled we were talking of

You can get 5 4x4 bolt them together and get a sheet of plywood on the top. Cut the 4x4 fronts on angles as shown on that page also. Drill a 1 inch whole thru the middle and get a 7/8pm rod and hammer thru. On the bottom countersink a nut with washers into the base so it is conseild from the ground. Do the same to the top side with the nut and washer application. And if necessary tack 1x4 or 2x4 around upper lip of deck as a kick board

Granted it will be heavier and wider, but the one I described will tolerate more load, use, rough aread and abuse than the one shown. He'll you could get a form of wheel assembly attached also. Just pilot thru the wood stick the axel mains in attach bearringed wheels and you can put it on concrete. The 4x4 can handle the load if secured properly

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
That is cool. I like both ideas. The first one looks like it would be a little lighter for hauling around. Right now I have a garden cart on wheels that I load up with feed and Vendetta pulls it for me.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is proably cheaper than the sled we were talking of

You can get 5 4x4 bolt them together and get a sheet of plywood on the top. Cut the 4x4 fronts on angles as shown on that page also. Drill a 1 inch whole thru the middle and get a 7/8pm rod and hammer thru. On the bottom countersink a nut with washers into the base so it is conseild from the ground. Do the same to the top side with the nut and washer application. And if necessary tack 1x4 or 2x4 around upper lip of deck as a kick board

Granted it will be heavier and wider, but the one I described will tolerate more load, use, rough aread and abuse than the one shown. He'll you could get a form of wheel assembly attached also. Just pilot thru the wood stick the axel mains in attach bearringed wheels and you can put it on concrete. The 4x4 can handle the load if secured properly
Yea it sounds pretty heavy duty. I think I will make one without handles- no concrete and it has more resistance. Im gonna do it as soon as Its done snowing for good-
We have had a rough winter so far so all he has been getting is the treadmill and alot of tug of war.

That is cool. I like both ideas. The first one looks like it would be a little lighter for hauling around. Right now I have a garden cart on wheels that I load up with feed and Vendetta pulls it for me.
Haha that's what I use- an old wagon- looks beat but does the trick-

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
With a core base like I explained you could add anything to it and it would support with no flinching. Just the sled alone it is a weight. I just thought of that off the top of my head. Depending on cost factor I may get the pre-made sled just for the ability to pick it up and be mobile. If I had a larger yard I would definitely build one

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha - I think I'm going to build two- one mobile one to drag in the park- one large one for straight training in the yard

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Ya the one to the park you can make very light but if put together right it will be extremely sturdy and able to be used with lighter and longer distNce training.

If your yard is 30 feet long that's more than enough. Put tracer hook ups on both sides so you don't have to spin the sled. Just unhook him and wLk h to the other side

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya the one to the park you can make very light but if put together right it will be extremely sturdy and able to be used with lighter and longer distNce training.

If your yard is 30 feet long that's more than enough. Put tracer hook ups on both sides so you don't have to spin the sled. Just unhook him and wLk h to the other side
Yea I have a good sized yard- I cant wait until the snow clears and Its nice again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do u have pics of the way it should look? I can put things together when I see pics. I'm looking for a Shaft to put on my wagon for my dog to pull.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts