Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am looking to bulk up my bully as quickly as possible. I need suggestions other than exercise ( b/c we already do alot of that :)). I was looking at supplements but there are so many to choose from. Anybody out there have any already proven methods. Thanks and have a bullieful day:woof:

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Genetics are the biggest determining factor in how your dog is going to turn out. How old is your dog?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Genetics are the biggest determining factor in how your dog is going to turn out. How old is your dog?
:goodpost: regular exercise and a high quality grain free food. But genetics is key as stated. Why are you looking to bulk him up ASAP? Is he going to be in some kind of competition?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

Thanks for the replies. to answer some questions. She is 3 years old, and a picky eater.She is just burning it off as soon as i get it in her. She gets exercise so much so i have also tried to limit her excerise before to see if she will put on some weight..and havent gotten the results I wanted. I am looking to put on 5 lbs in the coming months for a competiton (confirmation show) at the end of oct. or mid nov. Ive tried all types of techniques to no avale. Really frustrating. Dont get me wrong she doesnt look unhealthy, I just need to find something that it going to work for her to keep that weight up. She a knock out in the ring with that extra weight on her, Ive been there seen it. I have already ruled out health problems with her vet....so now im at a stand still...I only have to get 2 more points on her for the championship to be complete.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
What do you feed her? What about adding some extra fat to her diet? Do you have pics of her you can post?

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Vet said APBT sometimes do have issues keeping on weight!! Though if she is a bully I am not sure! But from what I have read it is genetics and making sure she is eating right!!!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Using weights and resistance will help a dog build a bulkier muscle than with cardio. If you cardio a dog to death -- walking, running, fetch, etc -- they will lean out but they will have a flatter look. Pulling a drag sled adds resistance and will help those muscles pop a little more. You can add 10-20 lbs on a longer walk for resistance, or you can do shorter sets with a heavier weight. Of course, it helps if your girl has experience pulling. If she doesn't, you'll have to train her up to it. Springpole is also a great overall exercise tool, if your dog will work it.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Using weights and resistance will help a dog build a bulkier muscle than with cardio. If you cardio a dog to death -- walking, running, fetch, etc -- they will lean out but they will have a flatter look. Pulling a drag sled adds resistance and will help those muscles pop a little more. You can add 10-20 lbs on a longer walk for resistance, or you can do shorter sets with a heavier weight. Of course, it helps if your girl has experience pulling. If she doesn't, you'll have to train her up to it. Springpole is also a great overall exercise tool, if your dog will work it.
:goodpost: muscle weighs more than fat

Don't forget to give your dog rest as well. Muscles are building while they rest

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Agree! My dog looks her best after a hard workout routine followed by a rest day.

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Welcome to the website!

I met up with some bully owners that show their dogs, most said they would shift into a raw diet a month before the show to bulk them up.

No real supplement does much, since its up to genetics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts