Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all hey to everyone reading this... question, why are there not any pitbulls or bullies in the championship shows that they show nationally? i ask this because i am getting a blueline and i am wanting to put it in a show and want it to grow up in shows, but i am also asking how will i be able to take these steps in doing it myself even though they are not going to be in national chmpion shows. reason of asking is because i am getting in to it myself and wanted the proper steps, and oh for alabama readers there is a dog show going on next saturday called doo dah day in birmingham. peace

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am new to pit ownership but I thought only full blooded registered with the AKC american stafforshire terriers were the only ones allowed for show because they are the only ones recognized by the AKC.
That show you mention. I have a friend in college at UAB, he says that is not a show but just a benefit thing for the humane society. Not sure what you are looking for though. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
THE UKC,ADBA,ARBA are AMOng a few of the many registrys that register the apbt for national dog shows,although you wont see these orgs on telivision because they do not have the finances of the akc and other kennel clubs that show on animal planet and discovery ch and only register the am staff...

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
for APBTs in 2008 The UKC Nationals will be in CT and the ADBA Nationals will be in NJ

·
Registered
342 Posts
hey if you want to enter your Ambully in dog shows then you should try out the ABKC... they have Bully Shows and BBQs all over the nation all the time there is a show everyweekend almost! So your best bet is to go on a bully board and ask around about shows

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
exactly,
if your really interested in american bully dogs you'd do best going to a forum that specializes in them for info regarding that type of dog..

·
wheezie wayne
3,366 Posts
from what i know of AM bullys there is really no set standard that these dogs are judged by at these bully shows and bbq's. which would make me think they are just judged on some individual preffernce and not a set of rules or standard

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
OOOps I just realized you were asking about Bully shows so ADBA and UKC don't apply

I know they have things called Bully Bashes. I agree going onto a Bully forum will get you a bunch more info

3,968 Posts
Patch-O-Pits said:
for APBTs in 2008 The UKC Nationals will be in CT and the ADBA Nationals will be in NJ
ct hugh right in my alley! do you know exactly when? id love to cheer for our breed!

·
Registered
342 Posts
yea they say there is a standard but shit everyone calls there dogs Ambullies lol! but a judge looks at certain things when judging...........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts