Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mean and uncontrollable, wth?
Who ever told you that is, wow, just wow!
Yes, get him neutered. He will be able to focus on you, not hormones.
And no matter how stunning he is, world is full of random Pitbull breedings and too many pups with no homes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mean and uncontrollable, wth?
Who ever told you that is, wow, just wow!
Yes, get him neutered. He will be able to focus on you, not hormones.
And no matter how stunning he is, world is full of random Pitbull breedings and too many pups with no homes.
Thanks for the advice 👌🏻
I'm definitely not going to let this handsome guy go anywhere 😅🤣 I have plans for this guy to be my best friend for life !!

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
i'm not against neutering. especially if you have a companion pet that may not always be separated from other unaltered dogs.
BUT
i would consider postponing the procedure to ensure proper skeletal development. bone and joint malformations are the most common issue with removing testosterone too early. but there are others.
if you have a dog that is high energy, there is always a solution for that... EXERCISE. these dogs need it and they need everyday. it's the most overlooked remedy for behavioral issues.

·
Administrator
5,635 Posts
I agree with Jo. All my dogs have been neutered but make sure you wait long enough for the growth plates to close before doing so. It won't change his disposition or energy level. It will stop him from humping everything in sight, after a few weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm not against neutering. especially if you have a companion pet that may not always be separated from other unaltered dogs.
BUT
i would consider postponing the procedure to ensure proper skeletal development. bone and joint malformations are the most common issue with removing testosterone too early. but there are others.
if you have a dog that is high energy, there is always a solution for that... EXERCISE. these dogs need it and they need everyday. it's the most overlooked remedy for behavioral issues.
Thank You Sir for your honest opinion .
I am definitely waiting for awhile because I'm still trying to get to know him and I do take him on four long walks daily and every evening I take him out to run in an empty field 👍🏻

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thank You Sir for your honest opinion .
I am definitely waiting for awhile because I'm still trying to get to know him and I do take him on four long walks daily and every evening I take him out to run in an empty field 👍🏻
I'm glad you chose to wait. I have two males that were neutered young. They are 7 and 10 and are poster dogs for the ill-effects of neutering early on long bone growth, joint development, and muscle development. It is not worth neutering young when you look at their twilight years (so much longer than adolescence) being a struggle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts