Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying an OFRN and I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion on some of the advantages/ disadvantages with this bloodline. Also, I've noticed that their bone structure tends to be a little broader, almost bully-like. Specifically, I like the look of the dogs at aHeartofstonekennels.com. Although they claim to be selling APBT, I was wondering if someone could take a look and give me a second opinion. I do a lot of running and hiking/outdoors type stuff, so I'm looking for a super athletic dog.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Ah, they aren't bully, but in all honesty I am not fond of that site or the dogs. If you want an OFRN I would try to get in contact with Norrod.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
I agree withthe above three posts!

·
Banned
835 Posts
you can get better quality and still get a red nose
dog. i would look at some Eli/bolio or redboy /jcko
blood and you'll be way better off.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
My red girl in my siggy pic, Phoebe is OFRN on top, not bully at all :D

But I agree with Sadie, Flametree and Southern Inferno both have AWESOME OFRN dogs :D

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
OFRN dogs aren't bully at all, atleast if properly bred. Like said above I would get something from Southern Inferno or Flametree, they both have awesome examples of OFRN blood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I know OFRN aren't bullies. I was just wondering about a specific kennel that was breeding larger dogs with characteristics that seemed almost bully-like. But yeah, i really like the dogs from iron/inferno kennels :)

·
Banned
835 Posts
I'm looking at buying an OFRN and I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion on some of the advantages/ disadvantages with this bloodline. Also, I've noticed that their bone structure tends to be a little broader, almost bully-like. Specifically, I like the look of the dogs at aHeartofstonekennels.com. Although they claim to be selling APBT, I was wondering if someone could take a look and give me a second opinion. I do a lot of running and hiking/outdoors type stuff, so I'm looking for a super athletic dog.
just a heads up, larger dogs aren't best suited for
endurance work, as you'll never see a power lifter
in a marathon as heavy muscles use up alot of oxygen
to service said muscles and therefore exhaustion comes
much sooner.

if cat-like ability, and endless wind is what you're truly
after, then you may want a game bred dog. as that
bully or ukc blood will not be able to "keep-up" on trail
hiking and long summer jaunts.

disclaimer: the a.p.b.t is not for novice dog owners.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
[/COLOR]
if cat-like ability, and endless wind is what you're truly
after, then you may want a game bred dog. as that
bully or ukc blood will not be able to "keep-up" on trail
hiking and long summer jaunts.

disclaimer: the a.p.b.t is not for novice dog owners.
I beg to differ on that point. My UKC dogs as well as Holly's keep up just fine. They have boundless energy and can go go go all day long.

·
Banned
835 Posts
I've had both, and it's not even close as to the
amount of natural wind game bred dogs posses
vs ukc blood. there are always exceptions to any rule,
but what i was trying to convey is that the OP desires
a specific type of dog,...bigger and more muscular is
my understanding. this was just my attempt at making sure
the OP understands there is a vast difference between the
two.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Dosia is UKC reg. and goes back to game dog blood like Rufus and Alligator. He is also a bigger boy last weight was around 75, he may be less now that he's been whipped into shape lol but I assure you this dog has endless drive and I'm excited about showinghim this year :)

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
That's my big boy Dosia. My man brought him home to me on our anniversary. Some girl came down to the tattoo shop asking if anyone would take him. He belonged to her boyfriend's brother and she said he had beat him and picked him up and chocked him till he passed out. After a few months we found his breeder and told them what happened. They were happy he was with us and we got into contact with them so they gave us a new sales contract so the guy could never take him from us even if he tried.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
That's my big boy Dosia. My man brought him home to me on our anniversary. Some girl came down to the tattoo shop asking if anyone would take him. He belonged to her boyfriend's brother and she said he had beat him and picked him up and chocked him till he passed out. After a few months we found his breeder and told them what happened. They were happy he was with us and we got into contact with them so they gave us a new sales contract so the guy could never take him from us even if he tried.
I never knew Dosia's back story before now. I'm glad he found a better home with you.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Thank you. I was really surprised to find out he has a pretty nice ped too. The owners of the kennel he came from were really awesome people and I wouldn't mind getting another pup from them some day :) The guy running it now inherated the kennel after his father passed away. He was a really old school pit guy. Very very nice man, R.I.P.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I love Dosia! Love that pic of him in the tree. Looks like a panther! LOL!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts