Go Pitbull Forums banner

Bully or not?

6K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Black Rabbit 
#1 ·
I'm looking at buying an OFRN and I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion on some of the advantages/ disadvantages with this bloodline. Also, I've noticed that their bone structure tends to be a little broader, almost bully-like. Specifically, I like the look of the dogs at aHeartofstonekennels.com. Although they claim to be selling APBT, I was wondering if someone could take a look and give me a second opinion. I do a lot of running and hiking/outdoors type stuff, so I'm looking for a super athletic dog.

#6 ·
you can get better quality and still get a red nose
dog. i would look at some Eli/bolio or redboy /jcko
blood and you'll be way better off.

#11 · (Edited)
just a heads up, larger dogs aren't best suited for
endurance work, as you'll never see a power lifter
in a marathon as heavy muscles use up alot of oxygen
to service said muscles and therefore exhaustion comes
much sooner.

if cat-like ability, and endless wind is what you're truly
after, then you may want a game bred dog. as that
bully or ukc blood will not be able to "keep-up" on trail
hiking and long summer jaunts.

disclaimer: the a.p.b.t is not for novice dog owners.

#12 ·
[/COLOR]
if cat-like ability, and endless wind is what you're truly
after, then you may want a game bred dog. as that
bully or ukc blood will not be able to "keep-up" on trail
hiking and long summer jaunts.

disclaimer: the a.p.b.t is not for novice dog owners.
I beg to differ on that point. My UKC dogs as well as Holly's keep up just fine. They have boundless energy and can go go go all day long.

#13 ·
I've had both, and it's not even close as to the
amount of natural wind game bred dogs posses
vs ukc blood. there are always exceptions to any rule,
but what i was trying to convey is that the OP desires
a specific type of dog,...bigger and more muscular is
my understanding. this was just my attempt at making sure
the OP understands there is a vast difference between the
two.

#14 ·
Dosia is UKC reg. and goes back to game dog blood like Rufus and Alligator. He is also a bigger boy last weight was around 75, he may be less now that he's been whipped into shape lol but I assure you this dog has endless drive and I'm excited about showinghim this year :)

#27 ·
I love that dog. Ever sense I was a kid I liked the Black Panther. That is what Dosia reminds me of.

I was speaking with Jason at PitBullLovers.Com about the size of the APBT. Most people agree, the APBT was not bred for size, color, etc. It was for gameness. So here I am today. I have been breeding the APBT (its in my blood) for over a decade.

At this point (I can not/do not game test) I have been able to take one line two different directions. Sure, they are bred for temperament, performance, etc.

However, at this point I have a dog that will not hit 50 lbs (super cut, smart, etc.) and a male I bred that is a super family dog, etc, that is huge (as well as light on his feet, etc). Now, I do not breed for size (or color), however I will not breed a 45 lb dog to a 75 lb dog (its no good).

So the bottom line for me is, yes size matters. Haha
I have em small (portable). I have em big (ready to do ranch work and keep ANY wild animal at bay - as well as keeping a pure bred APBT available in the "Ranch Style" size).

Its kind of wild to see the difference in size with the same genetics :roll: (my smaller dog is double on the CH Trailer Trash genes and my beast stud dog Tonka is double on the Cypress genes).

#17 ·
That's my big boy Dosia. My man brought him home to me on our anniversary. Some girl came down to the tattoo shop asking if anyone would take him. He belonged to her boyfriend's brother and she said he had beat him and picked him up and chocked him till he passed out. After a few months we found his breeder and told them what happened. They were happy he was with us and we got into contact with them so they gave us a new sales contract so the guy could never take him from us even if he tried.

#19 ·
Thank you. I was really surprised to find out he has a pretty nice ped too. The owners of the kennel he came from were really awesome people and I wouldn't mind getting another pup from them some day :) The guy running it now inherated the kennel after his father passed away. He was a really old school pit guy. Very very nice man, R.I.P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.