Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to gopitbulls and Ive learned alot so far on this site. Now I'm curious if my dog may be more of a bully breed. I got him from a friend of mine when he couldn't him no longer but I've had him he was 14 weeks old. Now he's is about two and a half.
His name is Diesel
He's weights about 95 Ibs
His neck is 27inches
His head is 28 and half inches

I have papers but not sure what breed he is.

Both pics were on chrismas 2010

He is twice the size of her. The dog to the right is cannabis, roomates dog. She is a full blooded American Staffordshire Terrier, not sure what bloodline though.

Hartley likes to take rides. Saves on gas. Lol

His ears naturally just stick up like that all the time there not clipped. It's makes him unique.

This was taken back in august when I tryin to teach him to roll over still hasn't happened lol.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
He is such a cutie and I am LOVIN His ears, my Phoebe has full prick ears like that, and I too would have to say American Bulldog, but I am by no means an expert and I LOVe that pic of the Chi or Min Pin riding him, lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Definitely bullier traits! Specially with a 28 in head lol

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Cute dog- love the ears
I don't think the head is 28 inches tho- that head will be huge @ 28 inches lol.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
He is nice looking boy if you could show some of the names on the pedigree. It would help. I think he is Bully probably some kind of Gotti cross I know that some of them are 100+ dogs with a little more height. He is good looking though.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
uh oh.. another Diesel on board.. lol.. like everyone else has said.. looks pit/bully crossed w/ AB

also.. i've seen a 26 inch head in person.. his definitely doesnt look 28 inches

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I think he is adorable! Unfortunately, without papers it is impossible to know what he is. I agree with Manny though, he definitely has bullier traits.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I just saw where you said you had papers on him, but you don't know what breed he is?? What is the registry and who are the sire and dam? The breed should be listed on the papers.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I'd have to say American Bulldog cross also. We have owned a few AB's in the past. Our male's head was 32in when Ryan measured him the last time. Depending on how they are bred they can be very very big dogs.

·
Bully Enemy #1
157 Posts
Good looking boy you have there! But I think your numbers might be a little off. I have personally seen dogs that weighed 100+ pounds with 24+in heads and they don't look like your dog. To have a dog with that much mass it is very apparent....

Here is an example, I have seen him weighed at show and a MYO on him.

Now I am not saying you are a liar, it just makes me think you might be misinformed as to how to properly measure your dog. Furthermore unless your pics are very misleading I just don't see your dog carrying the mass of a 100 pound dog.

As for what your dog is, it's hard to say because there are so many BYB out there just breeding for various reasons and purposes. I don't think I would necessarily just deem him an American Bully because he is big, because there is such a thing as big APBT. (Go look up Colby's Pinscher if you want to see a big APBT) If you do not have any paperwork on your dog, I wouldn't exactly worry about it and just enjoy your dog. If you have paperwork on your dog I can probably attempt to get an idea of what the breeder was trying to produce.

·
Bully Enemy #1
157 Posts
uh oh.. another Diesel on board.. lol.. like everyone else has said.. looks pit/bully crossed w/ AB

also.. i've seen a 26 inch head in person.. his definitely doesnt look 28 inches

P.S. That's a 24.5in. head I have the MYO tape pics to prove it! LOL

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lol I have measured my Phoenix' head and his being an APBT was at 3 yrs. old 22 1/2 ", but I have to agree with Devin :D

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Good looking boy you have there! But I think your numbers might be a little off. I have personally seen dogs that weighed 100+ pounds with 24+in heads and they don't look like your dog. To have a dog with that much mass it is very apparent....

Here is an example, I have seen him weighed at show and a MYO on him.

Now I am not saying you are a liar, it just makes me think you might be misinformed as to how to properly measure your dog. Furthermore unless your pics are very misleading I just don't see your dog carrying the mass of a 100 pound dog.

As for what your dog is, it's hard to say because there are so many BYB out there just breeding for various reasons and purposes. I don't think I would necessarily just deem him an American Bully because he is big, because there is such a thing as big APBT. (Go look up Colby's Pinscher if you want to see a big APBT) If you do not have any paperwork on your dog, I wouldn't exactly worry about it and just enjoy your dog. If you have paperwork on your dog I can probably attempt to get an idea of what the breeder was trying to produce.
Good post, Devin. Yes, Colby's Pincher had a chain weight of 75lbs and weighed 56lbs conditioned.

Also, the OP said he did have papers but wasn't sure of the breed. Not sure if he meant breed or bloodline because the breed should be listed on the registry papers. Someone should hopefully be able to help him out. :)

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Might have both bully and APBT blood in him. I really feel like it is in how new ofr old the bully blood is and what bully blood it is.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
P.S. That's a 24.5in. head I have the MYO tape pics to prove it! LOL
i knew it was somewhere in the area.. lol.. couldnt remember.. BTW, i'm Chris' cousin.. the one w/ Dre Dogg

·
Bully Enemy #1
157 Posts
i knew it was somewhere in the area.. lol.. couldnt remember.. BTW, i'm Chris' cousin.. the one w/ Dre Dogg
What's up bro. I actually remember meeting you one morning by your house, you live in the southwest right? I was at the park doing some photos early in the morning for two guys a few months back. You were walking your dogs through the park and I asked of you if that was Dre Dog. lol small world.

Your dogs look good. I am doing this message from my phone. When I get back from the Bully League show I will have to send you over some Dre puppy shots I have of him that I shot for your cousin a long time ago. Good to see he is being well taken care of!

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Yep.. I remember... id like to see some dre puppy shots.. I have a couple

1 - 20 of 34 Posts