Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a bully who is 5 months old and weighs 5.75 kg ..which is odd for me because he is too small for a 5month bully..for wat i know bullies grow really fast.. i have a pitbull w/c is turning 4months having almost the same weight.. my bully had lack of calcium ..when he got here he couldnt stand up .. i think its rickets or something .anyways..ryt now he could run and walk already but sometimes slip on slippery surfaces.. i think his muscles and bones are still underdeveloped..and for what i have observed ..his growth is slowly developing ..ill post some of his pictures as soon as i can . . i need ur opinions on what should i do ..i gave him tablets for calcium and milk with high calcium content ..i think he is improving ..but his growth is slow..

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I dont even know weights in Kg lol only pounds , but if he was sick and had issues its not uncommon for them to be on the smaller side, give him time to grow 5 months is still very young they will continue to grow till atleast age 2 take sa long time to fill out. Once he gets a bit older you will be able to work him a bit more and put some muscle on him, feed him well { a good food with all the nutrients} and exercise daily { right now just walks and play sessions } and let him be a puppy. bullys arent all the 100lb beasts people claim to have my girls luna and pep are only in at 60-65lbs pep is full grown luna is just a year so might put on another 5lbs or so not expecting much. But you can find bullys at the 40lb mark all the way up to the 100lb mark.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh ..i guess its 5.75 lbs hehe ..we always have regular walks ..about 10-15 ..but the thing is he gets tired easily ..so we need to pause for a minute ..and then walk again ..i gave him food with high in protein , ,..is my puppy malnourished?..

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
are you sure? 5.75 lbs at 5 months? that cant be right , you sure its a bully not a chihuahua?lol i think the weight must be off , im gonna go google the original weight and see what that converts too.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ok if he is 5.75 kg its 12.68lbs. id say thats small but like I said if it had issues before it will take a bit to bounce back and catch up , most likely could be a smaller bully full grown . as long as he is healthy now and eating right that should be all that matters .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks sir ..yeah he is a bit small ..my 4 months pitbull is larger than him .. i hope he wud recover quickly.. im feeding him 3x a day ..early morning milk first and then dogfood mixed with beef..

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
thanks sir ..yeah he is a bit small ..my 4 months pitbull is larger than him .. i hope he wud recover quickly.. im feeding him 3x a day ..early morning milk first and then dogfood mixed with beef..
I would skip the milk and give him the dog food in the morning instead. I see you are in the Philippines? Not sure what kind of dog foods you have access to there. Feed him the dog food 3x a day. he doesn't need milk anymore. Good luck.....can you post pictures of him??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will post his pictures maybe by 2mrow sirs.. yep he was first seen by a vet ..and he prescribed me those calcium tablets .. he is improving ..but grows slowly ..

to BLue nose bella ..ok i will feed him 3x dog food a day .. i should skip the milk part?..how about foods rich in calcium?

·
Registered
362 Posts
A high quality dog food should be sufficient, there are a lot of foods (here in the US, I`m not so sure about the Philippines, never been there) that are specifically for puppies that have supporting nutrients for growing pups.
I personally feed Blue Puppy If you can get that out there, I would highly recommend it.
& no, no more milk.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
AngelBaby, IDK why I call you Bro and Others call your Sir, LMBO... Ur one Pretty Boy !! hahahahaha..

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LMAO ya Iv been called dude and Bro and now Sir lol whats next? lol its all good there are people on here that i thought were one sex only to find out I was wrong LMAO.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes very small indeed ... this is updated pics of him ..he just turned 5months

and this is my 4month old pitbull ..my pitbull is has almost the same weight as my buly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts