Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not a breeder and im not trying to be one. but i want to know if you breed a 45 - 50 lb female to a 90lb male will the pups turn out the same weight wise if you breed a 80lb female to a 90lb male

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Large size of the sire or small size of the bitch is not an indication for the size of a litter of pups. Birth size is primarily determined by the bitch and is not related to her adult size. If there is only one puppy it has a whole womb to grow and will generally require a c-section because it will probably be to large to deliver naturally.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i sorry i worded it wrong. i was saying if a 40-45 lb female breed to a 90lb male. and the same 90lb male breed to a 80lb female. when they both have there litters. when the pups of both litter are about 7months. will the 80lb female pups be bigger then the 40-45lb female pup at that age

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Still the same answer as Lauren said, it depends on the bitch and not related to her adult size. It depends more on how many puppies she has inside than how big the parents are.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
i sorry i worded it wrong. i was saying if a 40-45 lb female breed to a 90lb male. and the same 90lb male breed to a 80lb female. when they both have there litters. when the pups of both litter are about 7months. will the 80lb female pups be bigger then the 40-45lb female pup at that age
It is anyone's guess since the breed is so inconsistent. Kangol topped out at 72lbs at 3 yrs old, in shape and conditioned, and both of his parents were under 55lbs. He also doubled in size of his parents and 3 brothers.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was talking to a so call breeder yesterday he said that he had just breed his 45-50lb watchdog female to his 90lb Xtreme Bully, Royal male. and he breed the same male to a 80lb royal edge female. he said that he was going to charge 1500-2000 for a pup from the 80lb female. and the 45lb female where going for less. because the 80lb female going to be the biggest when they get older he sent me a pic of the 45lb female pups

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I think it has much more to do.with the dogs in both females pedigree. If the watch.dog.female.comes.from some of the.larger watchdog stuff. Then there is chance that the pup end up bigger then their dam. I think so much has to do with the consistentcy of the dogs ped. Then the actual two dogs being bred.

He very well may have been right if the smaller female comes from the older watchdog stuff that has a smaller look then she may ne more prone to have smaller pups them a dog coming from larger bully lines.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
one of our males if a good 10-15 lbs bigger then both of his parents and his brother is even bigger by prob another 15-20lbs. So the parents are only a guesstimate IMO. You can end up with ones close to moms weight or closer to dads weight it will depend on the dog. I wouldnt base a price on what the size will be thats for sure. Id look at both moms and see which is built nicer and fits the standard. If one is a mess then that would rule out that breeding for me. Theres so much more to look at then just size and the fact he is basing prices off of that tells you alot about the kind of breeder he is. What are the pedigrees of each female? thats what I would want to see. do you have pictures of each mom? would like to see those as well.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
OHHH that kennel, Im not big on them and dont think there pups are worth that amount. Im assuming ciroc is the dad ? I dont like him he looks so long in the body . If I had to pick between those 2 females on looks alone I like the smaller one. But would need to see pedigrees and better stacked pictures those dont really give you a good look at any flaws. We gave you lots of reputable breeders who are well within that price point these guys are charging. This kennel just doesnt have enough info on there dogs or them to form an opinion, based on that site your wasting money IMO. Id go back to the thread you made before where kennel names where given to you and call some of them. Most reputable kennels will ship pups even if not close to you. Just my opinion though its your choice and your money.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Just curious cause you know how most feel about them , what draws you to keep looking into them? Is it location or do you really like there dogs? It really is your choice but just curious what you see in them?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Sooooo..... Jaws.....Is that your litter or not? If not then I would like to know why you have announced to other people that it is your first litter that you "put a lot of thought and time into."

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Sooooo..... Jaws.....Is that your litter or not? If not then I would like to know why you have announced to other people that it is your first litter that you "put a lot of thought and time into."
WHAaaaaat? so is that his kennel then ? WTF ..... FAIL.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
i was talking to a so call breeder yesterday he said that he had just breed his 45-50lb watchdog female to his 90lb Xtreme Bully, Royal male. and he breed the same male to a 80lb royal edge female. he said that he was going to charge 1500-2000 for a pup from the 80lb female. and the 45lb female where going for less. because the 80lb female going to be the biggest when they get older he sent me a pic of the 45lb female pups
Wow sounds like a lot of back yard breeding going on..How unfortunate.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts