Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone can help me but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this could be? I found a bump type thing on my dogs tail....

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Aww poor thing. I've never seen anything like that on my dogs so I'm not sure but I bet Lisa aka Performanceknls can help you. She is extremely knowledgeable and very reliable. Often times if I have some sort of question, or concern, I don't even bother making a thread I just ask Lisa XD

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
any fleas? Looks like a bite of some sort , does it ooze at all when squeezed? and is this the only one? Could always try a hot compress on it and see if it brings anything to a head, I would not force it but see if the heat helps. If it isn't bothering her though I would just leave it alone and watch it see if it grows at all, if it does maybe get a vets opinion.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope no fleas. This is the only one and there is no head.... It's kinda hard....? Something u can not pop.? I'm not sure... It's not bothering him but I guess I should just take him in and ask my vet.....

·
LOLZ
1,086 Posts
Looks similar to the histeocytoma http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histiocytoma_(dog) , that Savannah had on her hind leg last year. Keep an eye on it and watch it, if it gets bigger, shows any change in color then talk to your vet, but worst case scenario, you'll have to have it removed. But it could be a large amount of other things, just sharing some knowledge from something I've experienced. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts