Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes but his neck is not
bumps but scabs......his right ear is also dry and crusty. Lack of a better word. He seems to hurt when I try to rub

·
Registered
68 Posts
This sounds and looks like an allergic reaction and/or ear infection. I would take him to a vet to rule it out at least.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
I agree with Fluffy love, it sounds like a yeast infection in ear. If you don't take him to the vet at least use some Zymox drops.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This sounds and looks like an allergic reaction and/or ear infection. I would take him to a vet to rule it out at least.

I just wouldn't think the neck would be as bad from an ear infection. I can't really afford the vet. I have been jobless since covid and no unemployment. Been tough...I need house hold remedies if y'all have any. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,383 Posts
I just wouldn't think the neck would be as bad from an ear infection. I can't really afford the vet. I have been jobless since covid and no unemployment. Been tough...I need house hold remedies if y'all have any. Thanks
Zymox drops are not expensive, Amazon has them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The bumps outside the ear are from irritation and scratching because of an infection deep in the ear canal.
I use malacetic otic ear cleanser, borecetic ear flush, and for maintenance zymox.
You can try extra strong brewed green tea with witch hazel to get through to wait for a vet, but you have to be able to use cotton balls to wipe out the moisture. Have you looked into any vet assistance in your area? There have been a number of free or reduced cost clinics open up all over my state because of covid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts