Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My now 18 week girl pitbull is more and more biting at her tail close to her but and the skin around her anus but not on. When I see her doing it I stop her she bites on herself all over the place all the time I took it as for sensitive skin. The only thing New to her diet is the banana yogurt blue buffalo treats. Everything the same. These bumps aren't in the areas on her tail but a slight pink in the area on her bottom by her anus. She doesn't scoot her butt across the floor. Her poop is a little softer at times no worms. Has been designed. Last set of shot this coming Wednesday. Please help I'm worried she might be allergic to something.

·
Registered
26 Posts
She really should see a vet to determine the cause of the skin irritation. It is impossible to determine a skin condition with out seeing the dog and doing some diagnostic testing. The issue could be as simple as fleas, but it could also be some form of mange, anal gland issues, allergies, or some other form of infection. Schedule an appointment with your vet as soon as possible so the problem doesn't gey worse.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I took her to the vet and the vet said all he could think of is she sat in something she could have been allergic to and live said it looked like it was going away so he decided not to prescribe anything at that time. But she's doing good. Now all the way up to date with shots so we will see :)

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
Sometimes expressing anal glands is an issue with this reaction.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad to hear it wasn't a big issue and that she is doing better. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts