Go Pitbull Forums banner

buying a puppy?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Silence 
#1 ·
What would be the main things to look for in buying a APBT for the family. I'm looking at the bully's.

#3 ·
Well if you want an APBT then you don't want a bully. They are different.

If you want a bully then definitely don't get one from someone advertising them as APBT's. Main things to look for depend on what you are going to do with the dog. Is it only going to be a pet or are you planing on competing in any events with it?

#7 ·
No they are not just short stocky pits. They are a different breed. They were originally APBT/Am Staff but some were mixed with other breeds. If you want a bully you should buy one from a responsible person who registers their dogs with the ABKC. If they are breeding Bullys they should not be registering them as APBT's(registered with UKC/ADBA) or AM Staffs(registered with AKC). Only irresponsible people are going to be registering their dogs as something they are not. Or advertising them as something they are not.

This link has a video you can watch to see the difference.
http://www.gopitbull.com/bullies-101/32416-seperation-breeds.html

Here's a link that explains the different classes of Am. Bully's.
http://www.gopitbull.com/bullies-101/32412-american-bully.html

#9 ·
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

If its going to be for the family, adopting a dog is a great choice. Majority of the time, they come with basic obedience training and are temperment tested to make sure they are stable. Plus you're saving a life and I don't think someone would turn down good karma :)

Plus, I just learned this today and was happy when I did since I rescued my boy, if you are interested in going sports competitions, the UKC offers Limited Priviledge programs that lets you compete in all events other than comfirmation.

#10 ·
I would highly suggest looking at your local shelter and surrounding city shelters for an Am Bully. The shelters label them as APBT, but as mentioned, stick around here you`ll learn the difference between the two. They really are two different breeds anymore.
There are SO MANY high priced kennels labelling their Am Bullies as APBTs. They`re all registered as UKC APBTs. Learning about breeding, bloodlines and pedigrees will be the best way to decide on your Am Bully if you`re looking to spend a pretty penny on the same dog you can find in a shelter for 1/10th the cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.