Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my pit BW (red nose 50lbs) has been having a skin problem for some time now, at first the problem was very small and barley noticeable when he used to live indoor, but we recently moved and it spreaded all over his back. I have already changed his food and when I took him to the vet and they didn't help at all and was just expensive...He was given corisone depomerol and baytril ceplhexine and pencilin and used betagen spray at home I'm thinking about feeding my dog activate charcol to try to flush his system out and benadryll.
Imageshack - photoqva.jpg
Please Help !

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
OK, if he has no fleas and the vet gave a negative scrapes for mange, and you changed his diet...
You may want to look into things in the home or yard that may be causing an allergic reaction. Does he lay in the grass? Does he sit in ant piles? Does he have a blanket that you wash in a certain detergent?
If he's on a good diet, not chicken, then it's not likely food, which then leads me to believe it would be an environmental allergy. Start by changing detergents, then move to only let him out to potty or take him for walks, change his bedding out for something different.
There are tons of people on here that can give advise too. See what they have to say as well.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
i would bet its either fleas or an allergic reation... just gotta figure out what

1 - 3 of 3 Posts