Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Jessica and I have a two-year-old bluenose pitbull. I'm having a lot of trouble with his cage every time I come home from work I find the cage flipped over and him out of the cage. I don't know how he's getting out of it I've tried zip ties I've tried securing the cage just doesn't work. please give me some ideas on what I can do because I don't trust him at home by himself loose he is curious!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
what kind of crate is it? the wire metal ones with the plastic tray on the bottom? If that is it you may want to change over to the hard plastic covered crate , some can even get out of those though and have to look into the heavy duty welded crates.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Do you put anything in his cage for him to do while in the cage, antlers, frozen kongs, favorite blanket, toys? He may be learning to become an escape artist to entertain himself. Has he gotten into anything after he got loose? My boys have cages but we rarely use them when gone. They each have a bedroom where it is safe for them to lounge in with their toys. (one is left free to roam house while other is in his bedroom and we rotate the freedom) Not that this is an option for you, but you might want to test the waters of leaving him in a room with his toys and antlers to keep him entertained while away.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He has blanket toys and bones in the cage with him I have the wire cage now but I use to have the plastic cage that use to cover him but he chewed that up.... I left him loose a couple times in his own room but he shredded the blinds and chewed the floor board in the closet do I don't really trust him...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would setup a video camera and see how he's getting out. You can also see when he's doing it (see how long he stays in the cage before getting out.) Could be a boredom issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He outsmart me every time and it so hard to be upset because it's so funny To find him out of the cage and smiling at me when I open the door

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've put a camera in the room before it takes him about an hour he's a pretty big pitbull 84 pounds and pure muscle. But what bothers me the most is that when he gets out he hurts himself his face is all scratched up with bloody scabs....

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
sounds likes its a game and might be time for alcatraz (the crate not the place, lol)

Indestructible dog CRATE kennel steel cage HEAVY DUTY separation anxiety MEDIUM | eBay

I have a friend and this was the only crate they could not bust out of, They went through 5 cheap crates and if they just got this they would have been saved a lot (including a vet bill and new couch and having to remove couch stuffing from their boys belly in an $3k surgery)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts