Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ecko is developing callouses on his pads from our morning walks. They are uneven, and they don't look comfortable. Is there a moisturizer I can use that won't make him sick if he ingests it? I looked around online and Lanolin, or Bag Balm seems to be the two top choices. I'd rather know what everyone else here uses though. I trust you guys WAY more then google. LOL!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I used to use this stuff on my dogs that I had for my horses called hoof flex worked great {used on my horses frogs and bottoms ofhoofs and in the winter on my dogs when they would be in the snow alot and getting dry cracked paws} I would think would work as well for what you are describing, you can get it at most tack or feed stores or check online. another I have used was utter balm { was for the cows udders but works great for the padson dogs and even as hand cream ,I think they may even,market it now for hand creme lol} not sure on what the commercial name is for it im sure there is one , but at the feed store its just udder creme or udder balm.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
I have used Bag Balm. It works great and my pup loves when he first gets it on cause he has so much better traction for playing tug :) lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts