Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Say a huge company is told they are paying for ad space on a website known for wanting to ban or restrict "targeted" dogs and that advocates for Breed Specific Legislation world wide releases a statement and decides to stay neutral in the argument. For me, its not a debate that you can remain impartial to. You either think dogs should be banned by appearance alone and not their behavior or you do not.

Whats your take on their reply? Good answer or tap dancing the issue? Can companies remain neutral about such an important issue and you not care one way or the other? Many people who own targeted breeds feed their dogs blue buffalo and are essentially helping to support advertising on a webpage that is for banning their dogs.

How can anyone claim killing or restricting 20+ breeds of dogs be from well-meaning people? your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Definitely just avoiding a solid answer in order to try and keep customers from both sides. From a business point of view, it's a smart move and I totally understand it. As the owner of a breed that's discriminated against, I don't support pet companies that don't support my dog.

·
Hitting the Trails Weekly
344 Posts
I guess they're making a smart move from a buisness stand point but I agree with BCdogs; I don't support pet companies that don't support my dog.

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I think it's irritating that they even added #3, they are just trying to keep people from saying anything negative about them for the public to see. I sure hope everyone on that page says whatever the hell they want about this subject, I would think you especially have the right if you are someone that buys their products.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. Totally a ploy on their end that I don't agree with. And yeah #3 is crap. What else is Facebook for if not to discuss current issues and concerns with company on their own page!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
That's a fine tap dance around the issue, but I can't support a company that willingly buys ad space from an agency that wants my dogs gone just because of their looks.

Biz got bit badly by a black lab, for pete's sake. I'm sick of the sideways looks and the assumption that he must have gotten into a fight with another pit. Nope, Maggie was bit, too. Any dog can be aggressive. Any dog can inflict major injuries.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So they have now explained in more detail about what happened. This all could have been avoided if they explained this yesterday!! Glad they are taking a stand and have stopped waffling on the issue. And glad my money has never gone towards placing ads on hate websites. Yay for all the owners stepping up and making this happen to quick!!!

ImageUploadedByPetGuide1415389230.032724.jpg
ImageUploadedByPetGuide1415389243.603646.jpg

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And this has caused MC to get bull shit which makes me chuckle lol

ImageUploadedByPetGuide1415389284.979882.jpg
ImageUploadedByPetGuide1415389293.735457.jpg
ImageUploadedByPetGuide1415389303.773343.jpg
ImageUploadedByPetGuide1415389313.321491.jpg
ImageUploadedByPetGuide1415389322.876222.jpg