Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
my dogs eyes glow red.

Hello! I found your forum after googling if dogs eyes can glow red from anger. After reading everyone's responses, everyone claims they can't. (everyone except for the initial poster, LadyTee). The reason why I was googling this, is because my dogs eyes literally glow red when he gets angry. His eyes are not reflecting anything. I have seen this happen on multiple occasions in different areas of the house, in different lighting, in different times of the day and night. He's done this all of his life. How I know he is angry is because he growls, then his eyes turn red and as soon as we tell him to knock it off, his eyes turn back to a black dilated pupil...then the dilation slowly goes back to a normal eye. Then he goes back to the happy dog that he is.

I'm pretty sure he isn't possessed either.

So seriously no one has hear of this before?! I wonder what's going on with my dog!?! :(

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
my wife's eyes do, i swear.........................SORRY.............could'nt resist it.maybe high blood pressure? i dont know bout this 1,SPOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKYYYY

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
They do i swear!

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
I don't think the eyes actually turn red. As the pupils dilate you are able to see more of the light reflecting surface at the back of the eye. The pupils don't actually have a color, rather are holes that widen or contract to control the amount of light into the eye. So as they widen, you are able to see more reflection if the inner eye.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
not glowing your just picking up reflections from deep within the pupil.. which can reflect, green, red, blue, or purple.. from my experience.

GLOWING EYES ... sounds like a misinterpretation of interpretation..

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
hell, when Odin is excited his pupils expand so big! even durrin the daytime i can see the blue reflection in them...

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Maybe your dog just has lazer vision and you made him mad, so he decided to burn you to death.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts