Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
5,577 Posts
Hello BZOO. Give him about 5 more weeks. As a general rule of thumb, when the dog is 16 weeks old (4 months), double his weight and that will be pretty close to his adult weight. In the upcoming weeks keep him well fed, they burn it off like crazy.

Joe

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm feeding commercial raw. I'd like to feed three times a day, but work makes that hard. I do give him some freeze dried raw in the crate when I leave.
The amount on the bags is always misleading. If I fed that amount to my Pug, Kylee, she'd weigh 25 lbs ( she's a bit overweight anyhoo).

·
Administrator
5,577 Posts
Thanks. I'm feeding commercial raw. I'd like to feed three times a day, but work makes that hard. I do give him some freeze dried raw in the crate when I leave.
The amount on the bags is always misleading. If I fed that amount to my Pug, Kylee, she'd weigh 25 lbs ( she's a bit overweight anyhoo).
I know what you mean BZOO, my puppy eats more than my 7 year old dog. The pup keeps trim but she struggles with her weight, especially during Winter when we are unable to walk.

Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
The "Double the 16 week weight is really pretty close. Pete weighed 39.5 lbs at 16 weeks, and now he's almost to his 1st Birthday and has leveled out about 84 lbs.... so far anyway! Lol! He's still as sweet as he is big, and ornery as hell. Your pup will be there before you know it!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts