Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several dogs reg thru ukc. I recently breed a female to a stud for a fee.stud owner and his partner(dog is co-owned) both signed papers for me to send off for pups permanent registration apparently which I have gotten back and all pups are currently reg in my name only (no co-owns due to stud owner receiving fee instead of pup back). Stud owner recently saw pups and now says I should 'give' him a pup due to this breeding turning out so well. He is threatening to put a stop on pups reg if I don't give him a male pup. So my question: can he do anything about these pups reg since they r already reg to me?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
No, not unless it as written into a contract. You can always file a complaint. Always helps to have a written contract regarding matters like these. If no pup back deal was negotiated before and written into a contract I say too bad so sad for him.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
so many shady people out there. id file a complaint just incase he contacts the ukc saying he didnt sign those papers ect , but no he is not entitled to anything that wasnt agreed to before like lauren said above. a great reason why people need to use contracts I dont know how many storys I been hearing lately of shady people not honoring there words, get everything in writting.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I'm not on the up and up with all the breeders rights but if you payed the fee for the stud used then you owe him nothing out of the deal!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Was there a contract for the use of the stud or was it just a verbal contract? As long as you have your receipt that he was paid for the stud use, you should be ok. I would contact UKC, before he does.

Good luck. Hope it turns out well!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I would think if you've already got papers in hand it is too late for him to do anything to "stop" the papers. If you wanted to peace-make, you could offer to sell him a puppy for a reasonable market value. But personally, I'd tell him where to stick that nonsense, no question about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts