Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost my job, it was eliminated. Computer crashed. Husband hurt his back so bad he can't walk or lift anything. This stupid Droid works when it wants to or I simply just don't know how to work it (most likely the later). The dogs have lost their minds, I think they feel our stress and are acting out and not listening. I think I've hit my quota for the next couple of years. Ugh

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Lost my job, it was eliminated. Computer crashed. Husband hurt his back so bad he can't walk or lift anything. This stupid Droid works when it wants to or I simply just don't know how to work it (most likely the later). The dogs have lost their minds, I think they feel our stress and are acting out and not listening. I think I've hit my quota for the next couple of years. Ugh
Don't tempt fate. Things could ALWAYS be worse. I've had a pretty stressful last couple of years but things are starting to turn around (just).

Keep your head up and don't let things get you down. I know it's easy for me to say from half a world away but it's true. I'm sure you'll find work soon and I hope your husband heals up.

·
Banned
314 Posts
What Aus_staffy said is correct. I lost my job in 2004 at a company I had been with for years. Since then I had to rely on BS Temp Agencies to get a job, where the meaning of equal opportunity is "they treat everyone alike, just like s**t." I didn't let it get me down. I was motivated. The more I heard I was "over-qualified" (A BS $50 term meaning they know I'm worth more than they're willing to pay me), the more I looked.

Fast forward to now. After only having one good job (company closed) in all that time, for a year, I just got my ticket to a job, with a union, FT, with the company. I'm about to go to work now, and it was a long wait...depression will slow you down, never lift you up. I'm sorry to hear of your woes, but stand up, move on, and don't think in a negative manner. Bug the eck out of places so your name is well known, and they'll want to get you a job just to get rid of you.....

Good Luck.......

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Its tough all over for sure but ...yes it can get worse! Its all about the bell curve..talk around somebody has it worse than you...either way it still sux...My empathies to you and your family. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Good luck my friend

·
Registered
225 Posts
Loads of wisdom in old sayings "...count your blessings..." there are plenty of people who'd trade places w/u in a heartbeat. The world can be a very hard place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts