Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we walk the neighborhood often. sometimes we pass a house where the chow/pit mix gets so worked up he goes into a blind rage at the sight of my boy. well the home owners just got another smaller dog. they both run free behind a chainlink. and the chow/pit ends up going after him. the smaller dog has fresh marks on his face and neck. should i speak to owners or call it in?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
If you talk with the owner and they arent the speaking to kinda of people and dont do anything to help the dog then they will know who it is that called them in when you have to do that. Thats my only concern if you have to live with them and owning this breed you dont even need any false calls made on you. Are you sure the chow goes after him you have seen him attack the little dog? I just worry if people just see injuries and dont know how they got them and just assume. If you seen the chow go after him then I guess could call it in. Id most likely write a letter then its anonymous and you give the owners a chance to fix the situation 1st, just sign it concerned citizen or nieighbor.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I am in the same situation actually, the people across from me Husky goes after the German Shepherd every time my boy and I walk outside. I spoke to the women, and she is convinced they are "playing" and I just do not know them. Called Animal control and they could not do anything about it since they are in their own yard and the owner thinks they are playing and suggested maybe I try not to leave when I see them in their yard.... I would try and take a video of it on your phone to show the owners, I say try speaking with them. You could say you are not familiar with their dogs but you just want to make them aware of what happens when another dog passes. Nothing happened as a result of me speaking to her and I try not to leave on walks when I see them outside. Sucks, but what can ya do... I feel my chance is gone, but if you go with a video of it they may be willing to watch and listen to your concern.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
I would just try to let the owner know. I wouldn't call it in.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
You can try either or...... but It sounds to me if they are that ignorant to letting there dogs out together and one is a pit mix with obvious DA it's only a matter of time before they will learn the hard way when the pit mix kills the little dog.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I would talk to them. As someone else stated there isn't much AC can do about it. If you handle it in a politely concerned manner, there shouldn't be an issue. Barrier frustration is pretty common in dogs of all breeds, so I would just stick to that angle. You might even print up some literature on how to address it, but I wouldn't give them that right off the bat, see how the convo goes and if they seem receptive to addressing the issue.

·
Registered
816 Posts
you have a right to speak up....go knock on his door....introduce yourself as a supporter for pitbulls and show concern for HIS dog that if anything happens to the smaller one they might force him to put him down and skool him a bit....

if he s not receptive....then plan B .... but dont work on plan B until u do the minimum which is call the dude out

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
The only thing would suggest doing would be to say to the guy look dude your dog is redireting on your other dog while trying to get at my dog.
And then mind your own business.If the little dog gets hurt then oh well.You did your best to try and stop it from happening again.
I would not call animal control.But hey maybe that's just me.I try not to call them at all if I can help it.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I wouldn't even mention the pit bull angle, personally. I'd refer to the dog as a Chow mix, or just 'your big dog'. It bugs the crap out of me that everything that MIGHT have some sort of pit bull type dog in it gets labeled a 'pit mix' (not referring to the OP,or anyone in this thread, just speaking in general terms, like the media) especially if the dog, gasp, acts like a dog and does something 'bad'

They may not know this is going on and appreciate the heads up, as long as you handle it in a friendly, non accusatory manner. Good luck.:D

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys.
i really don't want to call AC. but i really really don't wanna see that little dog getting his ass kicked everyday. i will talk to the owners. respectfully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts