Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my goal is to get my dogs out and active, and i think leighla would be a good candidate for this sport. she's a beagle/staffy mix that's very muscular, strong and has a lot of drive, but she is a little longer and low to the ground so i'm not sure if that would have an adverse effect on her body.

thoughts?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
you can look around in some clubs rules into there fun shows , some may allow it. if they dont and its something you want to do there is nothign saying you cant get a harness and teach him to pull for fun its a good workout for the dog and something fun to do together.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I think there is a league where you can. It's not associated with the kennel clubs it's a separate org dedicated to wp.

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
I believe mix breeds can enter APA events, don't quote me on that though.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You can pull with mixed breeds in the IWPA and APA venues. Both venues it does not matter if your dog is fixed or intact.

http://www.iwpa.net/

APA Home Page

If UKC ever decides to allow Weight Pull again you can pull with a mixed breed but they must be fixed. As of right now UKC has discontinued the WP program.

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Thanks for the links Lisa, it's too early my brain isn't working lol.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Why did UKC discontinue WP? That's news to me as I've a friend who has a UKC American Bulldog that was just doing WP (and show) at the UKC Premier on the 18-19th.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Why did UKC discontinue WP? That's news to me as I've a friend who has a UKC American Bulldog that was just doing WP (and show) at the UKC Premier on the 18-19th.
I heard it awhile back that they cancelled it until further notice as well. something about people complaining and fighting and they get non stop calls with complaints , a bunch of big babys it sounded like ruined it for the others. Maybe they started up again then if you friend was WP lately ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Call it what you want it's just another way for the UKC to seperate their selves from the APBT just like stopping single reg. for the APBT only, you can pull APA and I believe you can pull with the ADBA just not for points

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the replies and links!

what are things i need to look out for physically? and would ya'll suggest this for a dog of her size?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts