Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can't really see a clear pic but could it possibly be mange? My chow mix had a scabby patch like that that would bleed and ooze and was mange. The vet Misdiagnosed it a number of times after scraping came negative because it was so crusty so be careful

·
Registered
14 Posts
he has sore on his forehead, and i dont know what kind of sickness it is, scared that it might be serious.
Im not a Vet so dont Take my advice but, My 14month old puppy started to grow somethin that looks exactly like that on his front paw and back ankle. At first i left it alone untill he licked the spots to the point they turned to blisters. I Washed him with Head & Shoulders then put "Hot spot" treatment on the sores and they cleard almost immediately / Did research on it and some dogs develop what they call granular limpoma. But I "THINK" thats on places they can lick, not top of head

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Post more pics but TAKE YOUR DOG TO THE VET ;) My girl has a sebaceous cyst that looks like a wart/pimple but those can be common.... Your dog could have mange and there is no way of telling without a skin scrape. No way of us telling what it might be over the internet and if it is serious then how will we know. You know what I'm saying?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's hard to tell, It doesn't look like a hot spot to me though.
I would contact your vet, but they may not give you any advice without seeing your dog first.
Honestly, to me it looks like a ginormous pimple lol Maybe put a hot compress on it? Other than that I wouldn't touch it though..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh forgot to add, it could be demodetic mange. Willow had that, but she never got any blisters, she just had some bald patches right where that bald patch is.

So my unprofessional diagnosis is Maybe demo mange, and a pimple on the skin lol

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
You got a couple of three things from the pick:

mange (two types demo(not contagious) and sarcoptic(contagious aka scabies)

a callus .. chain, dog house, crate, scratching or rubbing on something

insect, spider bite or skin infection...

HOWEVER... YOU SHOULD go to a vet and get a prof opinion and probably a scrapping to see under a microscope what all is in that tissue.

check your antibiotics .. anything penicillin like, amoxicyllan, others are more powerful and safe for dogs as well BUT CHECK .. ITS EASY if you don't know just GOOGLE the name of the drug and put : for dogs afterward.

as a vet tech I suggest going to a vet; but Im country and understand what it means to pinch a penny and taking care of your own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts