Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw out a warning here.

I bought these for my dogs. They're made with real duck meat. However the pieces get easily caught in your dogs mouth and throat!

I just had to reach my hand down Bruno's throat and take out a lodged piece.

It was pretty scary. So just be careful if you buy these. Break them up into smaller pieces or something.

MODS if this should go in Health and Nutrition let me know.

EDIT:

This is the piece that was caught in his throat. It lodged it's self vertically. The piece I had given him was larger,but this piece came off when he was chewing it.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
That's scary! I fed Kane an entire bag of those (over the course of several weeks, of course) and didn't have a problem with them, but this is scary enough that I probs won't buy them again.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could just be Bruno. He does have trouble chewing. But it was scary to watch him chock on it. I started going down onto the floor, that's how I new it was serious this time.

·
SRK's Hero Of War CGC
2,674 Posts
Riley loved those vitality chicken breast treats. I would break them into very small portions however because I used them as training treats. I have never gave mine that brand though so I dont know if they are harder then the Vitality chicken strips.
The treat I know to stay away from are those Waggin Train chicken jerky they had alot of dogs get sick and were recalled I think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been using the chicken to train my pup. No issues so far, but I break them up pretty small just to give her a taste.

Riley, great looking dog! Looks pretty close to my Carly.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I havent tried those for my dogs and prob wont after reading this , thanks for the post.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's having a better time chewing them now. I break the smaller pieces up better.
I got them cause they were smaller in size then the chicken ones. He has trouble chewing the chicken ones.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Although this is an old thread i had to bring it up for anyone wanting or feeding these as "treats"..

When they first appeared on the market they were advertised as made in the USA, however it didn't take long for the truth to come out and it is and has been known for a few years now that these treats are made in China. Chinese regulations, ingredients, etc,

Thousands of cases of ill dogs directly associated with these treats most common symptoms are that of poisoning, a partner company of Purina. CHEAP ingredients and false advertising, 40 - 60% protein? HA, yeah i believe that as much as i believe these ingredients are all natural.. Which they aren't,

FDA and AAFCO know damned well of the problems and do nothing, a few years ago these treats had almost a 80% mark up on price but haven't looked since prices have continued to rise due to "cost of ingredients and manufacturing"..

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Thanks KM, good post :)

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
thanks for the heads up, im with kingsgurl i dont feed anything from china.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts