Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Captain Jack Sparrow wins Best in Group!! UKC show in claremont.
Yes!!

After the show we went to DISNEYLAND to do some PR. Security confronted me varioius times on why I had a PITBULL on the premises. I explained to them not only is he a PITBULL but also a SERVICE DOG!! They apologized and left my Daughter, Jack, and I enjoy our visit to Disneyland. HERE ARE SOME PICTURES!!!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Ha! Nice job. Its great to have good reps for the breed out in public!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Youre gettin some rep points! You and Jack are doing your part for the breed! Keep up the good work, and never stop having fun! :D

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
kisses?

jack looks great, im sure he had fun.
A service dogs provide assistance for the owner in some way and kisses are not on the list, Just curious to see what type of service dog Jack is. I have worked with real service dogs for years and know what value they hold when used correctly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A service dogs provide assistance for the owner in some way and kisses are not on the list, Just curious to see what type of service dog Jack is. I have worked with real service dogs for years and know what value they hold when used correctly.
The Reason why I bought Jack (over two years ago) was for my dad. Who is 82 years old, Jack assists him in with mobility, and hearing . I went with Jack because of the working ancestors he has behind him. He comes from a long history of working dogs. The reason why he was not wearing his vest was that it was TOO HOT!!! I did have ID with me.

The reason he is being shown in UKC show ring is becase of BSL in my County, I couldn't own a potentially dangerous breed without it being a titled show dog in a recognized registry. Since I have enjoyed it and Jack has done well in the ring I intend to continue showing him and earning as many title as I can with him.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
That dog is great!
But on the subject of service dogs and in no way regarding your dog.
Service dog laments are the easiest thing in the world to copy and past from the computer,i know plenty of people who do it to get there dogs on the bus for free and into stores,they just print out the form,paste there dogs photo on it,laminate it and put it on a lanyard and hang it from the dogs leash,its really funny,i love hustling the man!
Anyone can do it,believe me,the people i know who do it arent the smartest.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
The reason he is being shown in UKC show ring is becase of BSL in my County,
Aren't you from CA? I was wondering what county had this type f BSL?

Cane thanks for that info! I will never leave home without my dogs again! lol j/p :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aren't you from CA? I was wondering what county had this type f BSL?

Cane thanks for that info! I will never leave home without my dogs again! lol j/p :)
Santa Barbara County, and I just dont want to take chances. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Yeah I understand. I just wasn't aware of us having many BSL issues here in CA I thought our state was pretty good about Pits. I know of very few areas that have BSL issues here.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
If he is a service dog for your grandfather why are you walking him around Disney land? I thought this dogs lives with you or does he live with you and your grandfather? He is suppose to be working with your grandfather on mobility where is his harness? The reason I say this is I work with Service dogs and it is really hard to get them certified for individuals that really need them. They have to preform 3 tasks for the owner and what you describe does not make sense. It seems like you are parading a pitterstaff around so everone can see him and you used the service dog card to have him at the park with you. That is BS because many people who need service dog cannot have one because it is hard to get them certified yet you go around Pitterstaff or not and disrespect the service dog community. People like you are going to ruin it for the really handicapped who need to be able to take there well trained services out in public. Not parade a show dog around and think you are above the law by saying he is a service dog. Who is he registered with?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Seems like everytime someone tries to post something good about their dog, someone has to make it negative.. When did this become a pissing contest?

On a side note: Congrats Capt. Jack!! on the win.

Reactions: StaffyDaddy

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Calling a dog a service dog while at Disney land is bs. The dog was not working he just did not have any where else for the dog to be. If you worked with service dogs or had any knowledge at all and see people get denied who really need one you might feel differently. Being a service dog is a big deal not one that you abuse the system just so you can take the dog places. Why don't you do some research before you try to make me look like the bad guy!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
So come to find out Jack is not a service dog at all, no training or certification has been done not even a CGC. He may have basic obedience but this is why I was upset. He takes the dog to Disney land and security rightfully comes to ask him to leave. Then he says Jack is a service dog. This is wrong and a lie to misrepresent the dog as a service dog when it is not and just a pet. People who really need them in public cannot get the dogs registered because the test is really difficult and many do not pass. What gives you the right to be an able bodied person and lie about your dog? Sorry if I high jacked this thread but all would have been fine if you did not say you where parading him around as a service dog. No it is not good PR for you to lie and have a dog where it does not belong. A few people ruin it for the masses, do you know because of people like you who lie about their dogs they are have considered not allowing service dogs in public? The service dog community has been working very hard to make sure that does not happen because of a few bad apples.

Shame on you for disrespecting the disabled community for your own gain. You said the only reason the dog went into Disney land with you is you had no where else to leave him, Then take him to a boarding kennel like the rest of us would have done!

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Synno I think the work you do with your dog is pretty cool. He has nice proportion and overall he's a fine example for the breed. But what really gets me, is that you want to promote the dog positively, but you are in fact lying. I'm sure the kids in the picture didn't know jack from john, but calling something that it isn't isnt a very good representation of the breed. I plan on achieving CGC with my dog, and really taking the time to get him registered as a service dog. He's not UKC, AKC, or ADBA, so I won't be doing conformation, but I do plan to contribute actively to the community.

I have a lot of respect for people who do good things for the breed, and you showing your dog is one of those things. However, I believe that if the wrong people were to find out, someone could make a big deal about your dog, and just add to the negative image our dogs get.

If you DO plan on getting him registered as a real service dog, that's well and all, but like I said before, don't call it something it's not.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts