Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay GP Fam... more random shots taken this weekend. Please let me know what you think.

First, I'll start with the Rose Center.. I've been trying to nail this shot for a while now...

Last year, I had an assignment to photograph a building or City Landmark that everyone uses. This is what I submitted for my assignment, and got a B+ on

I received the grade I did b/c of the power lines and the light/pole being a distraction and drawing attention away from the Rose Center itself.

This is what I came up with yesterday afternoon...

Does this deserve an A?

I took some extra shots at the Rose Center and found these hidden gems by the entrance to the main part of the building.

On the left side of the entrance

On the right side of the entrance

I call this one "Reflections", for obvious reason

What used to be the local Grocery Store, before Food City, Ingles, Food Lion and Walmart moved into town, lol.

This lil bugger I spent about a good 15 minutes trying to photograph, and he jumped on my camera twice, and I had to very calmly and carefully put him back down, lol.

This was the best of the group of shots I got of him...

A pigeon was on watch duty when we first parked and got out down town

I cropped a second shot I got of the pigeon and sharpened it up a bit...

I found this fantastic guy in a tree at the park and had to get a couple shots of it...

To get this shot, I had to stand on the tree roots that were sticking out of the ground, and put the camera up as high as I could reach, and shoot blindly. I think it came out great considering I couldn't see what I was doing lol.

I have more photos to share, but I'll save some for later. Thanks for looking everyone!

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Nice job, love the last one, good shot being blind! Are these old shots or are some with your new free camera you found?? lol

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I just took them yesterday, but with my digital camera I bought myself as a late christmas gift (tax return money). I forgot to buy film today when I was at walmart, but that'll be my next thing is loading that bad boy up and going hunting, lol.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
That spider is gross . :-/ but the rose center looks pretty awesome :D

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great photos! I say you cant put a grade on a photo, Each picture is different and has its own personality!! Happy shooting!
Thank you for your kind comment. It was for my photography course I was doing last year, hence the grade lol.

Zomg, it's so friggen cute!! <3 Awesome shot
Thanks Celeste! I have no clue what kind of Spider it was, but he was very bold, and just as inquisitive about me as I was about him (or her) lol. My kids freaked when he jumped onto my camera lol.

That spider is gross . :-/ but the rose center looks pretty awesome :D
Thanks Jessie! I had fun shooting the whole group of shots, but I'm proud of myself for finally nailing the Rose Center... Gonna try yet again with that camera I found.

·
Super Moderator
4,655 Posts
Amazing shots. Kudos to you for not screaming and freaking out when the spider jumped on the camera. I probably would have peed myself and ran screaming like a little girl.

The reflections shot has to be my favorite. But they are all wonderful. :)

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Shanna! No, I'm not scared of lil bugs like that. I actually laughed, while my oldest daughter squealed lol.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
the love the spider shots. some of those lil guys are peacocks and theres a big hobby around doing micro photos of them

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the love the spider shots. some of those lil guys are peacocks and theres a big hobby around doing micro photos of them
Thanks for the comment! I had so much fun following this little guy back and forth with the lens lol.

Hey friend love the pics!! Keep doing ya thang!!!
Hey back, friend! Thanks for the compliment. You need to come around more often, I miss you!

very good shots
Tony! Glad to see you back around too! Thanks for the compliment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts