Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys have you ever tried cannabis as an alternative medicine for your sick dogs? I've heard that CBD Hemp is now a thing for dogs with arthritis, compromised immune systems, stress responses, aggression and digestive issues.Well they said it was pretty safe because of the low THC, CBD hemp won’t make your pupper high.I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice regarding on this issue on dogs using cannabis as an alternative herbal medicine. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.

·
Super Moderator
4,563 Posts
I use CBd for my dog. I'm in a state where THC is still illegal. But CBD is readily available. I use an oral tincture as well as a topical lotion. 12 mg for oral and 10 mg per topical application. Topical in the evenings and oral in the mornings. Most "dog" tinctures are a lower dose then what I use.
Cbd is cheaper to order online then to purchase in a brick and mortar smoke shop. For those of us in states where THC is still illegal.
It isn't a miracle drug, but it does have benefits for many things. Most common for dogs is a calming aid during storms or high stress situations. When Irma hit, you could find CBD anywhere around here. Everyone was sold out.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
i don't have a major need for CBD. maybe for anxiety and stress around July 4th.
but a buddy of mine uses it for seizures in his senior dog. he says it's a gift from God.
not his dog but basically same condition...

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I have friends who have had success with their dogs and swear by it. Others not so much, probably depends on many factors including your pup. I think everything should be tried. Depends on where they purchase it from as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts