Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some ideas for a good chain setup. I know about the axle in the ground with a logging chain, but is there anything else I could use? My new dog is going to be kept outside most of the time. He is on a runner right now, but I dont trust it. He is pretty strong. What kind of pole could I used combined with some strong swivels and , or o rings combined with the chain to make a strong chain setup that he wont get tangled up on? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
I have always used cable runs and been very succesful with them. My mentor had 23 dogs ALL on cable runs and no accidents. If you use the right materials its a very good system. I will see if I can find some pictures for you.

Reactions: SuthernStyles

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Reactions: SuthernStyles

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts

Noticethe brindle dog in the 3rd and last picture, this dog stayed inside and the chain was a day thing. IT WAS NOT PERMANENT, just when we would let her out for an hour or so, if you notice its just a gator clip, which we eventually did switch out. I DO NOT recommend this for a permanent situation, we use ALL pullies on permanent runs and temporary ones now!!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks yall. Ill check into those links. Sadie has also set me up with some info

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well now I cant decide lol I love the runners ofk uses. Was Eddie Falins yard like that also? Im thinking since Im moving soon I will go with a runner, just scared

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
Pics 4,5 are Eddies yard!

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought it looked familiar lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts