Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sick of this is anyone else? I just returned from a Bully gathering and at least 85% of the owners had dogs on 2" chain collars. Come on people you spend up to $2000 on your dogs and you cant afford to buy a proper collar for your loved ones. Chains belong on snow tires not dogs. Get some sense. It looks ridiculous. If you need that big of a collar to maintain control then you have no right to have the dog. Why are you all so insecure that you need to make your dog look intimidating? Don't you think the breed has a bad enough rep? Why make it look meaner? Not to mention the fact that it stains the dogs fur. I asked one guy who had a crazy big chain on his dog and he said it was for strengthening the neck........ What an idiot, his dog was already dragging the 110 pound owner around. I think the owner needed the workout more than the poor dog. Okay sorry for ranting so long. What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
chains as collars :hammer:

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Lol not to mention a chain will snap before a well made, durable nylon collar.....

I saw a chihuahua on a chain the other day i was like WTF?! is wrong with people?????

·
Registered
628 Posts
I say we start "Chains are for Chumps!!" :rofl: :hammer:

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
"oh that's not a collar that's just chump chains" ;)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I agree =) those chains are completely pointless.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
what about "NO BRAINS AND CHAINS".LOL But seriously i don't even see the point.That's one reason misconception starts people see this and eat it up!!! they show pics of these dogs on big ass chains to city leaders and tell them whatever bs they want that's how uproars start.So what they think is cool and innocent could and probaly already has started sepculation.Plus it's not good for the dog anyway.

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
"chains r 4 lames" :)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I've seen chains around pit bulls necks when I was a kid, before the bully look started. So nothing new... and still nothing cool! lol

·
404 Posts
Chains....Interesting. Is it the perception or is it actually hurting the dog? Cheap fake leather stains fur as well, right? I have more of an issue when choke chains, pinch collars and shock collars are used incorrectly.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Chains....Interesting. Is it the perception or is it actually hurting the dog? Cheap fake leather stains fur as well, right? I have more of an issue when choke chains, pinch collars and shock collars are used incorrectly.
Pinches and chokes are training tools. I don't agree with shock collars. For me those heavy log chains are definitely hurting the dog. I think they should put one tightly around their neck and see how long it takes til they want to take it off.

·
Registered
628 Posts
It's all of the above.....and I completely agree with improper use of training tools which is why I advocate head collars so strongly. Plus, head collars are great conversation starters and do not have the negative public perception chokes and prongs have.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
sorry if I am the only one that thinks it looks ok. now I dont condone leaving the dog in it, just more of a show thing. well as long as it doesnt hurt the dog that is. its like people that put chrome rims on a prius, all show

·
Registered
9 Posts
big chains around a dogs nice is crazy if the guy wants to make his dogs neck stronger he should play tug awar with dog are use a spring pole .SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW BUT THINK THEY DO

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
i think chains are just ridiculous, people use them to make their dog look tough, or they have the ridiculous thought that their dogs already thick neck needs to be muscled up??? they need a lesson on how to properly train and condition their dog.

chains are for lames is the best bhahahhaa. cuz i love the word lames :D

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
It's all of the above.....and I completely agree with improper use of training tools which is why I advocate head collars so strongly. Plus, head collars are great conversation starters and do not have the negative public perception chokes and prongs have.....
Yeah an interesting conversation starter when people think it's a muzzle!! Everyone I encountered when Helena used a head collar people asked if I was getting her accustomed to a muzzle, or if she was aggressive or would bite them. I started using the prong and got better results.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yeah an interesting conversation starter when people think it's a muzzle!! Everyone I encountered when Helena used a head collar people asked if I was getting her accustomed to a muzzle, or if she was aggressive or would bite them. I started using the prong and got better results.
I've only encountered 2 people in 2 years or so who thought it was a muzzle of some sort.....it might help that my dogs are very smiley so their mouths are always open! LOL Sorry you have had a negative experience with it!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I asked one guy who had a crazy big chain on his dog and he said it was for strengthening the neck........ What an idiot, his dog was already dragging the 110 pound owner around. I think the owner needed the workout more than the poor dog. Okay sorry for ranting so long. What do you all think?
hqahahaha...hahaaha. good call. its funny how some people treat their dogs. you should have told him to hit the gym!

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive put a chain collar on my dog before. it wasnt a thick 1 just a normal 1 you would lock to a bike. and i didnt use it as a collar, i use a harness, the chain was just there as a necklace. i think it looks cool for once in a while. def not something to keep a dog in for walks and stuff though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts