Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started Odin's 6 week training class last night, of course the first class is owners only, but i was impressed. this class is for pit bull type only and held by a local group called Chako Pit Bull Rescue, Chako Pit Bull Rescue PLUS Classes & Events around Sacramento. I chose this one because when I rescued Odin from the shelter Chako had already started sending their trainers to the shelter to train him in house. The instructor was excited that she would get to see him again, she said its always fun to see the dogs after they have been adopted.:woof: After sitting through the class, signing waivers and filling out forms, I was impressed to realize that I was nodding my head with just about everything the instructor was telling the class. I guess I really learned my stuff here at GP. :D I mean from everything from what kind of collars and leashes are good to the fact that just cuz u have a ped doesnt mean that u have an APBT. She even brought up RE as an example and that some are registered as APBTs and some as AmBully but that in starting the breed he crossed other dogs in to make what look he wanted. (not trying to start an argument on this one). she went over the fact that u used to be able to dual register with AKC/UKC, but not anymore.

I guess what I am trying to say is it was a good class for newer owners and that if ur in my area, near Sacramento CA, u should give Chako a shot. :thumbsup:

Chako Pit Bull Rescue PLUS Classes & Events around Sacramento

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks :) i dont know last names but Dawn was supposed to be there, but had a family emergency and so Rachele filled in. Odin know sit and lay down and walks nice on the leash. i even just taught him sit pretty. but i wanted to enroll him and get help with stay and being able to focus with distractions. when i adopted him he was in Chako's CGC program. and i really want to get him his CGC :D

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:clap: thanks! i wanted to try weight pull too, but it seems his right rear leg is a lil lame, might not be got to stress it so much.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
If you are interested in sports with your pup, get him x-rayed. Weight pull is only one option. Obedience, Rally, Agility, dock dogs, weight pull etc, etc. Tons of stuff to DO with your dog, depending on his interest, structure etc.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i agree, i figured we'd get thru this 6 week class and maybe the next intermediate class and then see where we r at. not to mention hes only about 16 months. so i dont want to stress him out at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts