Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone on here try using champix to quit smoking? just wanted to get some feedback from you guys about it if you have tried it.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I think you're referring to Chantix. I personally haven't used it, but my parents did. My mom quit smoking about 4 days into the prescription. She said it made her soooo sick in the morning she almost threw up.... everytime she tried to "test herself" she would gag. Well... They quit smoking for like 2 months... but they went on a "get away" and my mom stopped taking the prescription about a month prior...she tested herself again and again...so did my dad, they're both back smoking. It works, but don't "test" yourself!

·
Registered
771 Posts
My boyfriend used Champix and it worked great... but ... as soon as you stop taking it all the cravings come back... it has to be a continuous thing and probably can't ever go off it... but it does work.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just started about 10 days ago. the 5th day in i stopped lighting up. for now since i am on the meds it seems like i do not have any real cravings. i have not tried to light up since and hope to only have to take this for no more than a month.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Unfortunately thats not very common :( Every doctor we have talked to has found that you have to stay on it for the cravings to stop... Brandon was on it for 3 months not one smoke than he was going off them and it all came back in a rush...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yesterday was the last day of my 2 week supply today is the first day that i will be going no champix and no smoking. i came prepared and hit costco and bought a box of excel gum. i find it helps a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts