Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I know this is odd but I have a male dog and he likes to lay out on the deck most of the time in the sun i dont notice it until we come in but his little testicles keep getting sun burned and they look like little cherries and then like any other skin that gets sunburned they peel (i know gross) would it be wise or strange if I put sunblock on them? its the only thing that gets sunburned on him that is that noticalbe so it kinda became a joke of Peanuts cherries since they are the only thing on him that gets red but I do worry about long term damage. Also is my wierdo the only one that has this problem or is this common among male dogs that lay out in the sun?

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
PM, that is exactly what you should do. They make a sunblock wipe that would prolly be best. I think you can get them at Walgreens or something. Phoenix' used to do this when he was apup and I just put sunblock on them and the top of his nose and he's gravy!! If not use children's sunblock with like a spf of 50 or so.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Elmo is a brindle and he lays in the sun and he gets so hot I cant touch him, I dont know how he does it. But hes fixed I would have never though about their balls getting burned

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
me either but this is my first male dog and i would have never thought his little nuts would burn but it keeps happening to him they just peeled yesterday too it is the grossest thing. from now on i think hes going to wear sunscreen when he goes out to sunbath. first it cant be good for him and second i dont want nasty skin falling off in my bed!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Just think Testy Skin in your bed...I bet it doesnt smell good either...ewww i just grossed myself out lol

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ok now just because we're talking about it doesnt mean you can go smell it! HAHA j/k

·
Registered
795 Posts
Heres my question what is your dog gonna think when you rub something on his balls....?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm sorry I had to say it, I'm a curious person

·
Registered
795 Posts
gotcha i get it now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts