Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think there is no such thing for our pets. What can I get KJ to play with, while he is in the cage. Something he not going to eat. I say that cause everything I pull out his cage is have gone or in little pieces LOL. The guy @ the pet shop told me smoke bones, :confused:I don't want him to gain weight.
I know I can get a better answer here from my peoples.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
have you tried antlers? im hopefully getting some from the uncles this year after hunting season. heard those are pretty durable. have you tried the kongs stuffed with stuff and frozen?

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Good suggestion above, I had one of these for my girl Alice who LOVES to chew. It definitely isn't indestructible but it lasts much longer than usual and they like the grooves.

For really heavy duty.
GoughNuts Dog Chew Toy

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
I was gonna ask this yesterday. Good Thread! I used the search but only found what I already know....I spent $48 last night on 2 xxl Kongs and they are all over my carpet in Peices. I took the Nyla bones away because they where ruining my rugs and scratchin my hard wood floors...PLUS they rounded off my last 2 Dogs teeth. I cant beleive they havent found a toy to make yet thats Indestructble. ;(

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Kong extremes (the black ones) are pretty good. Loki has just started to pull it apart after over a year. We tried antlers but he wasn't interested.

I sometimes just buy cheap stuffed squeaky toys and keep an eye on him (not good for leaving in the crate). He loves to play seek and destroy with the squeaker, then destuffs them. All in a matter of about five minutes. Hence the cheap toys :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Kong extremes (the black ones) are pretty good. Loki has just started to pull it apart after over a year. We tried antlers but he wasn't interested.

I sometimes just buy cheap stuffed squeaky toys and keep an eye on him (not good for leaving in the crate). He loves to play seek and destroy with the squeaker, then destuffs them. All in a matter of about five minutes. Hence the cheap toys :)
Mine like to do that too the only thing to worry about though is that stuffing if they eat it or accidently swallow it , can cause some issues and blockages. I found these new ones in the grocery store they are stuff less and you insert a plastic pop bottle in them { what pit bull doesn't like pop bottles lol} . easy to replace when they get worn. Still not good as a crate toy they can be chewed and pulled apart but they are good for supervised play. They have squeakers in the heads too , got them a penguin and a moose.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Mine like to do that too the only thing to worry about though is that stuffing if they eat it or accidently swallow it , can cause some issues and blockages. I found these new ones in the grocery store they are stuff less and you insert a plastic pop bottle in them { what pit bull doesn't like pop bottles lol} . easy to replace when they get worn. Still not good as a crate toy they can be chewed and pulled apart but they are good for supervised play. They have squeakers in the heads too , got them a penguin and a moose.
Oh I know. He won't eat the stuffing, it just goes all over the floor then he is done with the toy.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Kong extream (black not red) is what i bought. XL. 20 mon and rubber all over. Anything hard like Real bones i wont give as i had rounded teeth on the other dogs from that. I guess that limits toys for um. Oh and i cant give any cheap toys, they swollow everything ;(

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Id just not give them toys then when you aren't playing. I have a couple like that "crush" who will sit and chew things apart so I put toys up. The things that have lasted over a year here though even with loki chewing and playing with almost daily are the jolly balls, and cuz balls. Loki LOOOVES his cuz ball and will play outside alone with it he throws it in the air and bounces around and chases it off the deck when he drops it lol.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Ill have to look for one and try it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts