Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Hi, welcome. Tennis balls are horrible, anything that can be peeled away and broken into little pieces. My pup loves a frozen king with peanut butter or something inside, keeps him busy for hours. I also get the marrow bones at the grocery store for a treat every now and then, good for the teeth and gums.

My pup does great with
Chuck balls Amazon.com: Chuckit! Ultra Ball Large 3-inch, 1 pack: Pet Supplies

Cuz Balls
Bad Cuz - Walking Ball: Small

and the unbreakoball, the big one is outside only, too slimy when he gets going the little one is good inside though.
Indestructible Dog Toy - Big Dog Toys - Tough Dog Toys - Dog Ball - Pit Bull Toys - Unbreakoball

Ropes when I am around, but he goes through them when we tug super fast. I find this to be best for tugging:
Katie S Bumpers SQ1 Sqwuggie Fire Hose Bumpers Squeak and Tug Toy

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
I give mine an empty milk jug every few months.. I don't trust any toys when they are alone with them ;)

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
recently i started using antlers (elk) and so far I like them a lot.

Also kongs like Ames said.

But honestly anything you leave a a dog with is going to be destroyed unless you have a teacup poodle or something that doesnt really chew.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
2 liter bottles make great toys for exercising the mind. I put a handful of kibble in one (after peeling off the label), put some peanut butter in the neck of the bottle and shove some more pieces of kibble into the peanut butter, and freeze it for a couple hours, then throw it out on the floor for the dogs to work their minds and practice problem solving (how do I get the kibble outta this thing?). My two have eaten everything else, literally. Bones and bottles work best for mine.

Reactions: ames

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
i have several kongs. lol i use the black to stick treats in and the red Odin just likes cuz its easier for him to chew. lol. im gunna have to look into that unbreakoball that Ames said. Odin also likes the souper nylabone Dura Chew®

Thaladypit: we showed Odin that pop bottles make good chew toys and now he'll go after any bottle lol. water bottles off that coffee table, empties in my bfs truck and even got a full mtn dew bottle in my bfs truck when he went in drug store to buy cigarettes. lol that was a sticky mess :lmao:

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
HAHA I am with Odin, my boy tried to steal bottles as well after I started to let him tear up milk jugs and tonic bottles lol he would stalk you if you were drinking and wiat til you put it down and walked away lmao

·
Registered
33 Posts
My guy likes to chew up tennis balls..sometimes...and sometimes the cheap no name toy...and sometimes the nylabone... he moves between them all. Luckily he is OCD and doesn't eat anything. He makes little piles of the pieces.

I knew he would eventually destroy it...but he chewed threw the handle of a Jolly Ball in about 10 mins last night.

So that will be a fetch/active play toy only...I expected it to last longer.

WORST toy because of claimed awesomeness and price...the black Kong "extreme" frisbee. He put one paw on it, then ripped it apart in less than 30 seconds.

amazon.com reviews say the regular red one is stronger...

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
HAHA I am with Odin, my boy tried to steal bottles as well after I started to let him tear up milk jugs and tonic bottles lol he would stalk you if you were drinking and wiat til you put it down and walked away lmao
what does Mel do with the lids? Odin likes to chew off the lid, spit it out, and then chew off the lil ring around the neck from the lid and spit it out before he chews the bottle itself. is my boy the only crazy that does this? lol

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
what does Mel do with the lids? Odin likes to chew off the lid, spit it out, and then chew off the lil ring around the neck from the lid and spit it out before he chews the bottle itself. is my boy the only crazy that does this? lol
nope mine does that too. sit there chewing on it like its gum, lol. My friends pup ate one of the rings, so I always take them off just in case now how much would that suck! I don't give them to him much anymore though, only when we are out and nothing to entertain him with, lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bentley can't have ropes, can't have off brand Kongs, can't have the Nylabone, no tennis balls. That huge mouth of his is majestic at ripping things apart.

We have had great success with the Black (extreme) Kongs, and the Dura Chew bones that nylabone makes. they have a big bone and one that is shaped like a "Y" and they are great! Bentley has had his for a very long time. Just found a dura chew that had been under the couch for a while so he's very happy. We bought him a Michael Vick hard chew toy once, ironically he chewed the legs and arms off so we had to take it away ;)

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Thaladypit: we showed Odin that pop bottles make good chew toys and now he'll go after any bottle lol. water bottles off that coffee table, empties in my bfs truck and even got a full mtn dew bottle in my bfs truck when he went in drug store to buy cigarettes. lol that was a sticky mess :lmao:
LMAO! Mine stalk us and stare us down, but they know not to touch it until it's given to them. I'm a strict, mean mommy lol. I also remove the ring and lid, as Roller (the black and tan boy in my signature) will chew em up and spit em out, but Ices will eat anything that's not nailed down, literally!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts