Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off. It is HELL gettin' here on my cell. But, I need y'alls help / opinions bad enough to do it.

Lefty chews on his toys, no problem. But he has a need to chew and pick apart his toys and eat them! Idk why! He eats more then enough twice a day. :/ its gettin' very annoying ! I don't wanna take his toys cause I'm scared he'll chew furniture. But, he eats his rope and his frisbi is chewed and missing small pieces, idk if he ate that or if I swept it up. I don't allow him to have toys in his crate cause I'm scared he'll consume them! And I don't want him to get hurt and have to take him to the vet. :(

Anyways! What do I do?! Suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thanks, love y'all ! Be back soon!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
anything he can chew apart take away when you arent playing { will save you money having to replace them all and keep him safe from eating them} balls , frisbees , stuffys, ropes get taken away here when we are done playing for that reason. They have kongs and these balls i forget what they are called ,but they are tough like kongs they can have them they dont seem to destroy them as much as they chew on them .or give him a good bone to chew on something that wont hurt him if he eats it. We get big beef knuckles for a pretty cheap price from the butcher they work well.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
i would definately take anything thats coming apart away from him.. i dont allow my dogs to play with toys unsupervised.. it scares me to death the thought of something happnening and them swallow something that could end up killing them.. i know people who have had the simplest things kill a dog.. so my outside dogs i throw them an empty milk jug to chew on.. ive been doin that for along time and they all seem to do well with them and no ones got hurt :D

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
My anti chewing kit lol
3 nyla bones extra strength pure white, 2 big knuckle ones and 1 bone shaped one

1 bag full of purified bones with meatie stuffed center they sell at petsmart in packs of 4 all go down at once

1 kong red

1 pack of 2 chuck it balls there the size of a tennis ball in orange and blue but are indestructible

Absolutly NOTHING they can chew up toys rope ext. I have stopped buying toys and only buy chew toys and it hasn't failed me yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts